Live AMA About Complete Motion Capture at 12 PM PT!

Hi, everyone!

In one hour, we’ll be hosting a live AMA on YouTube with the Product Manager of Complete Motion Recording at 12PM Pacific/3PM Eastern. Arthur is excited to answer your questions and talk about the development process of our first subscription service.

Hope to see you at:

6 Likes

I just tried out the production version of the CMC feature and Wow! It’s working great. Nearly all the concerns I had about it during the beta seem to have been addressed. The lookback now behaves like the 12-second clips did, (Around ~2 seconds before motion starts) which is great.

I also noticed that person notifications are sent before event is finished recording, which I didn’t even expect! :slight_smile: When you click through from one of the notifications while motion is still happening, it takes you to a semi-live view of the video (It’s delayed by about 12 seconds, which I assume is the point at which it sends the notification, but that’s not bad!) I’m not sure if I just failed to notice that feature during the beta, or if wasn’t available until now, but this is the first time I noticed it and I’m impressed!

Overall, great work!

2 Likes

Signed up for the free trial but now all my recordings say not available?

1 Like

Yes same here how do you unsubscribe 12 second is better than nothing

1 Like

I agree. How do I cancel?

Did you make sure your phone is running the latest version of the app, and that the camera is on the latest firmware? This is required. The newest version of the phone app was only added this morning, so it’s certainly possible that you’re still on the old version. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I had the old version didn’t know about the update my firware is good. My router is rebooting so can’t check yet. Ok it’s back and now it’s working. Good catch thanks

3 Likes

I must say I reread the email that I received to sign up for the trial and nowhere does it say you must have the latest version of the software and firmware. If they would mention that it would save a lot of support emails

3 Likes

This should not be the case, are the recordings missing or do you get an error message?

1 Like

I’ll share your feedback with the team! Sorry for the trouble.

1 Like

I enabled the free trial CMC on one of my cameras. Now my other cameras cloud recording are very slow to download. I am getting Download failed on these non CMC recordings. If I wait 4-5 minutes then I can download and review.

If a cam needs to be reset or renamed for some reason, will paid subscription continue on the cam?

Yes, even after signing up if you have say 3 cams but only sign up for one, it can be moved from one to the other with no issue. So if you are paying for one camera you can move it from cam to cam with no issue.

6 Likes

I’m also having issues viewing events recorded by the camera I have on the trial.

Hello @Fisherguy and welcome to the community

What is it doing, are you getting any kind of error code or message?

I didn’t have the latest APP firmware, had to ypdate it from the ‘play store’.
Works now.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033993432-Update-Wyze-App-to-the-Latest-Version

The link above shows how to tell what firmware you have but not how to update it. It should tell you do download and install from the Play Store.

1 Like

Make sure you have the latest app and firmware it won’t work without them. The app was just updated today. The firmware was a few days ago

1 Like

I am glad you got it figured out

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030219511-Keeping-Your-Camera-Updated

1 Like