Is there anyway to have the Person, Package, Vehicle and Pet options in the Cam Plus Only Filter stay clicked on?

Is there anyway to have the Person, Package, Vehicle and Pet options in the Cam Plus Only Filter stay clicked on ?
Everytime I close the app and reopen it the Package, Vehicle, and Pet options are unchecked. Only the Person stays checked.
Maybe there is nothing that can be done to keep the Package, Vehicle, and Pet options in the Cam Plus Only Filter to always remain ON.

1 Like

Normally when you select those options in the Event Filter area. they will stay that way until you turn them off. Here is my screen shot. Notice the top area has Package, Vehicle, and Pet are highlighted as being on. It stays like this unless I turn them off

1 Like

bobsmith - If you are talking about the Event page, mine does the same thing. I always have the People filter at the top of the page. I go to filters and add Pets or anything else and view the results. If I exit the app and then come back in, the Events page only shows the People filter. This is consistent. Always.

5 Likes

@PCHearn - thanks for flagging this. Let me investigate this. Looks like a bug.

3 Likes

Don’t know if it makes a difference but this issue I am having is on an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

1 Like

If it is a bug, why isn’t it happening on all cams? Thanks.

WyzeNoopur - I have tested this on my iphone and my ipad. It’s consistent.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

WyzeNoopur - This is a bug. Has it been officially documented as a bug? Is it being worked on? What is the status of this bug? Thanks.

1 Like

Same thing occurs here on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

I tested on my Android Emulated Pixel 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note and the filters remained visible after powering the phone off, then on.

So, this appears to be an iOS issue only from what I can see here.

I’m on the iOS beta app: 2.32.0 (20) Log if you need it: 624004

SJ

@PCHearn - we are fixing this in the next build and are also working on improving the overall event filter design.

I have a quick question regarding the AI event filters. As a customer who uses the AI event filters, when you kill the app and re-launch the app, would you expect the app to remember the last filters you selected or would rarther like to see all the events first and then apply filters as needed to ensure you don’t miss anything interesting?

The drawback of remembering the last set filters is that the customers may not see events outside of the event filters they selected in which case there is a likelihood that some important events may get missed.

Personally, as a pseudo support person, filters cause a lot of issues. People don’t remember they are engaged. So I’d vote for forgetting filters when resetting the app. Let’s hear from users, though! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The first thing I do every morning is set the filter to ‘pets’ to see what wildlife happened to wonder by the house during the night.

So in my case, I’d like it to remember my filters.

I see @Newshound point as well.

Perhaps make it a configurable item in the settings?

“Remember” or “Reset View”

SJ

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

I would rather it save my filters. It’s a pain to go back to events and pick them to see what’s there.

1 Like

WyzeNoopur – Thank you for replying to my question. I’m glad the bug is being worked on. You asked “would you expect the app to remember the last filters you selected or would rarther like to see all the events first and then apply filters as needed to ensure you don’t miss anything interesting? The drawback of remembering the last set filters is that the customers may not see events outside of the event filters they selected in which case there is a likelihood that some important events may get missed.”

I would prefer the Motion filter to be there always. If I leave it on when I exit the app, I expect it to be on when I come back into the app. And if I exit the app with it off, I expect the Motion filter to be there and to be off when I come back into the app. But I think the Motion filter should always be present. I would expect all the other filters, like Person and Pet, to be there only if I selected them before I exit the app. And their on/off state should be the way I have it when I exit the app. So if I exit the app with Motion off, and Person and Pet on, I would expect that when I come back into the app, I will have Motion off, and Person and Pet on.

I hope this answers your question. Thanks for asking.

I am accepting @Newshound’s invitation to ring in.

I am using Android… And an old version at that.

My filters (using the filter funnel) are set, the quick button filters are blue, and they stay that way until I change them. They have been that way since I started using the Wyze App.

I know this bug doesn’t affect Android, but I would prefer it to stay the way it is. I don’t want to constantly be resetting my filters every time I log in. I have my events page filtered the way I want it.

If you change it in iOS, I would assume for continuity you would also change it in Android.

Please don’t.

Maybe double check the event detection settings for the camera in question :question:

WyzeNoopur Wyze Team - Has this bug been fixed? I have the latest version of the ios app and I still have the exact same problem. I set the filter to show person and pet and the next time I come into the app, the person filter is still there but pet filter is not set.

I don’t see the bug as fixed either in my latest version of app.

The right answer is allow the user to save a default filter set. Best of both worlds, novice users have it just reset to the standard upon app re-open, but experienced users can save a default set that is tailored to what they care about.

@PCHearn - This is not fixed in iOS yet. We are working on this.

2 Likes