Is there an outage today? _________ 8-17-2024

Sounds like you need a real security system and not a hobbyist cam. Maybe cctv?

Wyze shot that down too. :disappointed:

Me neither and I don’t use it.

Um, not really
Wyze just has to take the right path in keeping customers secure.
Developers love to constantly develop,

But it does not always bring benefits

But DOES bring more exposure & risks

Example

Microsoft Word 2.0 app from the 1980’s
Microsoft Word (Office 365) 2024

They both basically produce the same output in a document.,
But Word Office 365 2024, provides a MUCH bigger attack, bug, security weakness surface.

Is that progress, or Developers just trying to secure the jobs.

A Desktop app would be the most efficient
Code wise
Security wise ( not to say it would eliminate all security risks, but it would drastically reduce them, compared to web view version)

I dont think customers want to have to deal or consider, the risks that their cams have a higher chance of hackers accessing their cams, or even bricken them.

WebView brings more security risks to all customers, even if they dont use WebView

Ha. In the 80s I was using Wordstar. :rofl:

:smile:

Word Star? I dont remember seeing those add’s in the PC Mags back then
And there were many mags

Either my memory is going
Or WordStar was bought up, and renamed

Is Word Perfect still around?
:smile:

It’s about $$$. From a Wyze perspective, web-based solutions mostly eliminate cross-platform development.

Bought up in 1993 but disappeared. Dos-based. I remember control-k-q to quit.

Used it when I was on the beta team at CompuServe and before I jumped to Prodigy. It was at my first real job as a government contractor.

Never used WordPerfect.

My issues are like yours. 5 V2 cams simply will not connect after update. My new cam pans work and the battery cam pro works but nothing else.
Bob

Samsung Dex is a good desktop app. Even works on my large 4K UHD TV.

Interesting I had never heard of Samsung Dex
I looked it up as a possibility for me.

Seems support for it has ended

Vysor : A Popular DeX Alternative

For me the problem is its a smartphone app so it wont be able to handle a high load

overall interesting though

Ah Got it

Dos based
I remember those days
Having to try to squeeze out as much High Mem as one could
( memory area between 640K and 1024k )
to get a program to run, or run more efficiently
:smile:

Word Perfect was one of the most popular Word processors in the late 80’s erarly 90’s up to 2000 or so, Then Microsoft ended up dominating the market with Word.

Compuserv & Prodigy, ( later AOL)
Oh those were the days of a much simpler time.

Gov Contractor interesting

Is the Gov hiding the space aliens from the public?
:blush:

It is currently active. Search YouTube. I connected my S21 and S24 to a monitor, keyboard and mouse. Then icon is located in the control panel.

I was looking for a Windows/Linux alternative.

QEMM or Memmaker. Dos times were fun. Making RAM drives and such.

:smile::+1:
We are showing our age!

I remember both
funny back then people had to pay for apps that squeezed out avail memory.

Now a days we have so much memory available we dont know what to do with it all.

Thinking about

EMM386.exe driver
Then trying multiple times to so what drivers would load in High Mem, and the loaded apps to see if they still work properly ikn high mem
:smile:

I have to try it !
Kick it around some :+1:

We sure are. Kids will never have our experiences and memories.

Maybe watch a YouTube video.

One Sam Mobile guy made a video yesterday but he used a lapdock. I rather do it with what I have.

It works wirelessly with the tv. When connected to the tv, your phone becomes a touch pad. You can add a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Surprised, it is almost a hidden secret.

Same problem here but I thought it was because we changed Internet providers a couple of days ago. When I check my Cams connection info it shows my OLD service Router that’s no longer connected. I can’t seem to find an option to change WYFi addresses. Anyone know how? No info about this in the WYZE support area. Any help appreciated. -Jake

Welcome to the Forum, @eyeball2055! :wave:

The least painful path for you is probably to configure your router/wireless access point (I imagine you’re using a gateway from your new ISP) so that the Wi-Fi uses exactly the same SSID and password that you were using on your old/previous router. Otherwise, my understand is that you have to go through the setup process with each of your cameras and/or other connected devices in order to get them to connect to your new Internet service.

Since we’re already off topic, I’ll contribute to the tangentiality:

What do you like running on Ubuntu? I recently started playing with scrcpy, but that’s essentially a mirror/control application that’s driving the actual phone hardware and not doing a VM or Android emulation.

I don’t remember if it was WordStar or WordStar 2000 that my mom preferred when she was working. (I was partial to the cleanness of WordPerfect 5.1.) Sometime in college, I discovered VDE, which was clean and fast (written in pure assembly language) and used WordStar’s keybindings (along with other WordStar similarities), but I believe those (and other parameters) could be changed by a companion configuration program that essentially asked the user a series of questions and then wrote the changes into the VDE executable itself. It was portable and powerful for its time.

My recollection is that entry order in CONFIG.SYS and/or AUTOEXEC.BAT could often make a real difference.