Is there a reason sense v2 is now unavailable standalone?

How much for the vacuum?

Ring security is the best. Even I am tired of Wyze products specially gives lot of issues

1 Like

I know why the V2 sensor are no longer available. The batteries in three of my sensors when completely dead. WYZE confirmed that if that happens, the sensor is dead. They said to change the battery before it goes dead. There engineering team went on to other projects (too many) before taking care of original customer base.

2 Likes

Wyze claims that battery last for 18 months and I believe V2 is just newly introduced

You can only buy the black V2

That’s the camera not the sensors…

That’s correct we canned all the old ones,and went with the new sensors what an awesome upgrade well worth it,it’s like going from a Ford to BMW

This is the most frustrating of all Wyze products. All my v1 sensors went dead, thanks to terrible engineering design. After several painstaking hours of trying to figure this out, When I contacted Wyze they ended up selling me a v2 sensor with the promise that this works with the v1 bridge. I repeatedly said that their website claims that the v2 requires a hub, but they claimed that the website was misleading and confirmed that new sensors work with the bridge. Guess what, it doesn’t!

And the Wyze wizards are clueless about helping you troubleshoot successfully… after moving completely to the Wyze ecosystem over the last 3 years, subpar products such as these seem very deceiving to the strong customer fan base that was the primary catalyst for Wyze’s success.

If they don’t get their act together soon, competition will rule them out of the market.

4 Likes

Well thats correct,we had to buy 14 hubs,14 sensors for the 14 sites,and our service technicians said so far its still working fine with the new version

Except now Amazon stealthily federated all of their devices. I would not trust any Amazon or Google product that could monitor me more than those entities already can…:wink:

WYZE a bunch of sellouts at original customer expense!

1 Like

What’s going on??

What’s going on about what?

I’m new to this, in fact I haven’t purchased anything yet, but it sounds great to me. $100 for the first year including monitoring.
~ Gosh darn good V3 cameras for $36 each (other monitoring companies want $100 each and charge $15 per month to monitor.)
~ Door/window sensors for $10 each (but you have to buy in groups of 3)
~ Motion sensors for $15 each
~ Normally I wouldn’t get leak sensors, but for $30 for a pack of three, I figure I’ll put one under every sink, behind every toilet, and near the water heater.
$25 for a keypad is cheap… but what a crappy keypad. At least you get one with the initial $100 purchase. Also, your phone app is sort of like a keypad.
~ Glass break sensors aren’t available which sucks, but I guess that with the $15 motion sensors, I can put one in every room, so sort of like a glass break sensor.
~ key fobs aren’t available, but the app is sort of (but not really) like a key fob
~ NO SMOKE DETECTORS. THIS IS THE BIGGEST DRAWBACK THAT I SEE!
~ $60 / year is amazing for monitoring (but not as cheap as not having monitoring, so cancel after the first year.)

My question is, regarding the cameras, can I record continuously if I buy 32 gig SD cards? Or am I limited to 12 recordings unless I pay $15/year per camera for Cam Plus?

Yes you set-up each camera for continuous recording and then you can use the play-back to view if you prefer we just look at our events and go from there,when the SD card is full it will record over from the front what we do if there is something you want to keep longer than 13 days,we just download it to our phone/tablet .very easy to do, the advantage with cam +:is longer recording times,name tags on each events,etc…and its so cheap we have all of ours on annual payments

Wyze has made it difficult with their versions. V1 and V2 originally was their first and second generation cameras but now that sensors have been thrown into the mix more clarification is needed. Just saying V2 doesn’t mean anything anymore.

However, it was the V1 sensor that had the problem after a dead battery change. They were made defective and are now NLA. The new V2 sensor replaces them in every way EXCEPT that you can’t currently get them without subscribing to HMS.

1 Like

As a Wyze customer from the beginning, this is extremely infuriating. Forcing me to buy monitoring, when I just wanted to add water sensors to the mix of products I use.
The fact you can’t purchase this new Wyze Sense Hub separately, is ridiculous. I’ve only got about 20 of the products in two houses, but have influenced at least a half dozen friends to also outfit their houses with Wyze. So nothing close to a few of you in this string. The reason I went with them in beginning was simplicity and cost. They weren’t “forcing” you to do any kind of subscription. I am just happy with doing my own monitoring and the products have worked pretty well, except for some of the comments about the v1 door sensors that died pretty quickly. I appreciate Wyze having “monitoring” as an option I could purchase, but not forcing me. I eliminated many other companies for that very reason. I could even live with the reversal on people monitoring on the cameras and what happened with that licensing. And their new offer for $99 annually for the added features and unlimited cameras was also palatable.
Like many of you, my trust has now been lost and will start looking for a replacement company I believe. I’m feeling a bit scammed. They sold me on a product and business model four years ago and have now decided to follow a new mandatory “subscription” path. It’s clear that the many customers who got them where they are now are no longer the priority.

4 Likes

I didn’t mind buying the kit. I haven’t activated the monitoring, which I’ll cancel before renewal. Added my remaining V1 sensors to the new hub, and am enjoying the new sensors which I really needed. They mostly control my lights, etc. I have a few leak sensors on order, which I’ll add to the hub. If you really only want the leak sensors, I can see the kit being a bummer.

1 Like

The company has changed. After 10 support requests, I asked for Elana’s (Sr. Management & Founder) email address. Response from support (if you could call them support)

“In line with Elana’s email address, I’m afraid we won’t be able to do that for privacy purposes.”

Her email is private, she has lost touch with customers and doesn’t want to hear the voice of the customer. Even the largest multinational companies have an office of the President that handles these types of requests. I also listened to a CEO video from the early days. Wyze has lost its way and greed has overcome the management team.

2 Likes

So several million Wyze users should be able to flood her email address? That’s workable, lol.

Sounds like you’ve got 'em all figured out.

1 Like