Is the Wyze Cam being sold on Amazon V2 or V1?

The reviews and questions section show varied response and I wanted to get a straight answer.

Thanks!

They are currenly shipping V2. But Wyze never changed their listing on Amazon. Wyze should have set up a separate “format” for the v1 and V2, so sales and reviews could have been filtered. And the founders of Wyze should have known this, since they worked at Amazon.

That is a problem that I don’t like about Amazon reviews, often the “most helpful” reviews are really old, and may have little relevance to the currently shipping item. And Wyze should have changed the description and “version” number when they started shipping the V2, because they are significantly different on the inside.

About the only thing you can know is that reviews prior to April 2018 were probably for Version 1. Anything after that could be for either.

I would buy directly from Wyze, you can still pay with Amazon payment. If you buy directly, the camera will be linked to your Wyze account, and you will be able to see the Order under My account. (But you won’t be able to see it in Amazon orders, so I guess that is a trade off you will need to decide). In both cases, they are shipped by Wyze, so a Prime membership won’t get it delivered any faster.

I bought my first Wyze cams on Amazon because if I didn’t like them I wanted super easy returns.

But my second (larger) purchase, I bought directly from Wyze. Why?? Its a couple of bucks cheaper per cam from Wyze, and that is nice. But the real reason is that I want Wyze to get as much of themoney charged as possible, not Amazon.

We all have a vested interest in Wyze staying in business. So why not support them by buying direct from them off their website?

Yes, I just bought 2 cams yesterday, and whether 1 cam or 2, whether w/Wyze memory card or without, total cost is cheaper on this website or in the Wyze app.

Quoted shipping time is a bit quicker too.

I bought 3 cameras that were supposed to be V2 like the description said. When they arrived they are all V1. I made the last purchase in May, 2019.

Interesting…

Welcome to the community, @drizzle612. Where did you purchase those cameras from? If you purchased them from Amazon, what was the name of the vendor?

It says it ships and is sold from Amazon. Other than that I don’t see anything about it being from a third party vendor.

I hope you contacted Amazon and demanded they replace the cameras with V2 cams. V1 cams don’t have what it takes to power many of Wyze’s recent releases and improvements.

Was this the US Amazon? Can you post a pic of the bottom of the camera?

The Amazon page says it’s from the wyze labs account. I’m unable to post a picture of the bottom right now. I know they all end with “C1”

Physically, the V1 and V2 cameras look different. The V1 has a glossy finish, and the V2 has a matte finish. You should now be able to attach an image. Also, check the box the cameras came in and post an image of that.

I bought one from Amazon June 10, 2019. It was V2.