iOS Push Notification Service Outage 10/29/19

Update 10/29/19 6:30 PM PT - It looks as if the iOS notification issue from today is now fully resolved. If you are still having difficulty with your notifications, please contact our customer support team through this link:

Support Request Form

Thank you to everyone who helped us diagnose and resolve this issue. We apologize for the trouble.

10/29/19 3:01 PM PT - Some people’s notifications are returning but we are not fully through the process yet. We will work through everything as quickly as we can to restore the service to everyone.

10/29/19 12:06 PM PT - We believe that we have identified the root cause and are working on a solution for missing iOS notifications now. Thank you for your patience.

10/29/19 10:40 AM PT - We have seen reports of push notifications failing to appear for people using iOS devices. We are looking into this and will update when we have further information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

All of my cams are not working on my IOS devices. We had an IOS update last night. IOS 13.2. Any idea when we will be back up?

This seems like a different issue, @jhartlove. I would recommend contacting our customer support team. We apologize for the trouble with your Wyze Cams!

Support Request Form

For anyone running into this, if you’re comfortable with it, please send me the following information in a direct message:

A. MAC address of a Wyze Cam not sending notifications
B. Wyze account email
C. Screenshot of an event that didn’t trigger a notification
D. App version number
E. OS version number

All of my devices are working fine, events are logged. I just don’t receive any notifications on our Iphone 6S pluses. No change before or after the 13.2 update. Actually one phone is updated and the other isn’t. Worked yesterday. Still get notifications for messages and emails.

1 Like

Just to add, I have rebooted the phone several times including resetting. Also deleted and reinstalled the Wyze app with no change. Thanks for looking into this.

1 Like

You’re welcome, @ptmrtz2. Would you feel comfortable sending me this information in a direct message?

A. MAC address of a Wyze Cam not sending notifications
B. Wyze account email
C. Screenshot of an event that didn’t trigger a notification
D. App version number
E. OS version number

10/29/19 12:06 PM PT - We believe that we have identified the root cause and are working on a solution for missing iOS notifications now. Thank you for your patience.

5 Likes

I also have an iphone11 it stopped notifying me today.

We apologize for that, @jodilhower. We hope to have your notifications up and running again soon.

Same here. Just went the whole day without a notification.

We’re sorry, @JasperNoone. We’ll get that resolved ASAP.

I know you guys will. I think it is more on apples end as well. I am not getting notifications from other apps as well.

1 Like

Well, dang! Sorry to hear about that. :frowning:

This issue seems to be resolved for me. Thank you for your diligence in taking care of this.

1 Like

Issues seems to be resolved for me as well!

1 Like

Issue appears to be resolved for me as well!

1 Like

Working here too, thanks…

1 Like

I received a delivery today and I got a complete notification but the person was not recognized ?? https://global.discourse-cdn.com/wyze/original/2X/8/81013c45d3492fd1362e0b6b8e55447ba21848bd.mp4

1 Like