iOS App - Freezes with Cam Pan v1

It worked fine until a few weeks ago, but now when accessing Cam Pan, the who app freezes. I don’t mean just the video and sound freeze; I mean the app locks up my iPhone 12 Pro Max completely. Sometimes it stays that way for several minutes, I can’t kill the app or restart the phone. I have never seen an app crash this hard. Does not do this for our Wyze Cam Floodlight in the same app. Makes the Cam Pan practically useless. I just bought a second Pan Cam (v2), and will report if that does the same thing.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @laurinkeithdavis!

Sorry to hear of your issue.

What iOS version are you on?
What Wyze App Version are you on?
What Firmware version is your Cam Pan V1 on?

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and just tested pulling up the Wyze Cam Pan and experienced the same thing.

2 Likes

iOS 16.2 Public Beta 2, my wife is on 16.1 and has the same the issue

Wyze app 2.36.0.14

Firmware 4.10.9.1472

Thank You. Could you also submit a log via the app and post here. I will see if I can get some visibility on this.

Post the log to the forum? I don’t see a way to do that.

My apologies, Just the log number.

When you submit a log in the Wyze app you will get a Thank you Screen with a log number and an email with the log number. I can then pass that log up with the details.

2 Likes

Can you update to Wyze App Version 2.37.0(12) and see if this is still happening please.

My experience with app crashing is no longer happening on version 2.37.0(12)

1 Like

Yea, seems like it might be fixed.

1 Like

Nope, still happening, just not every time. Tonight it locked up on be bad several times.

Same problem here. I put in a log last week but still no improvement.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @cozycanoecottage

I did pass along this info the the Wyze team in the thread related to the FW release.

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same issue on the same version of iOS and Wyze CamPan. It seems to happen to me the most when I switch from portrait to landscape. It will lock up my entire phone for several seconds/minutes depending on planet alignment. Wanted to post so I can see any updates.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I have found that if you double tap the video to zoom before you rotate you can avoid the lockup. Not ideal, but works.

2 Likes

I’m also having the same issue. Haven’t tried double tapping the video first.

I have same issue for several weeks. On all 3 of my pan v2 cameras. All worked fine for a couple of months. Please advise. Cameras in this situation are worse than useless as they render iphone 12 Max Pro useless too. Very disappointing. So far this has not happened to my wireless outdoor wyze cams…yet.

1 Like

Same problem here. Have 14 cameras and rotating freezes the entire phone. Started after the last firmware update. EXTREMELY IRRITATED!!

1 Like

I have several Wyze Cam v2’s and a v3 and this was my first Pan v2 camera and can also confirm it freezes my iPhone 12 when I try to make the camera full screen/rotate my phone sideways. App and camera are on the latest updates.

Log: 839170
iPhone 12 - iOS 16.0.2
Wyze Cam Pan v2 - 4.49.1.47
Wyze App - 2.37.2

1 Like

Ours lock up unless we select 360 resolution then it doesn’t lock up

2 Likes

Just checking if anyone at wyze has a solution to the iOS app phone freeze with the latest firmware update. I see a lot of questions. Am I missing the fix? I have all the latest app version and latest cam pan v1 updated firmware.