Wyze Cam v2 & Pan Firmware Beta Test 10/25/2022

Updated V2 no issues so far.

3 Likes

Updated all my interior cameras - will follow up with exteriors if no problems. Everything went well except one wouldn’t take. However, it did on a second try and didn’t cause any errors like getting stuck or not restarting.

2 Likes

OTA updated PanV1. Initial video load failed. Second attempt took well over a minute. Was able to pan manually during that time, just no video - 3of3 loading.

After that initial live stream load, cam connects quickly.

Motion Tracking is still not fixed. With motion tracking on, cam pans and tilts following motion, but does not record a full length motion events. All events are 14s or under and captured only a very small fraction of the motion. Walked in front of cam for well over a minute with no AI PD Tags and no motion event videos. Video when cam is tracking is horrible.

With motion tracking off, full length video AI PD events are recorded and video is smooth.

2 Likes

Updated 10 V2 and 2 Pan Cam on the firmware update page.
1 V2 and 1 Pan Cam failed on the first update cycle. Updated fine on the second update cycle.
IOS 16.1 wyze app beta 2.36.0 (b10).

2 Likes

Updated to newest beta firmware

Log ID: 764832

STILL No notifications for sound events despite all settings being on for both events and notifications. Only motion events will show a phone notification but never sound. Been an issue last update and this one. Help.

2 Likes

OK, updated my 4 V2’s to the current firmware. 3 updated ok, one said it failed, needed to restart cam and try again, I tried to remote restart threw the app and said it failed. then app said cam was offline. came back to it few min later and it was back online and had the new firmware.
Now all these cams are less stable in the livestream than they were before. Bitrate will go up to 120KBs and then drop to 2 or 3 then go to zero. then maybe recover for very short time and do it again repeatedly. I have restarted all from the app and nothing changes. when I get a chance I will do a hard power cycle and see if that helps. Open to ideas and suggestions. also these are set on SD quality as HD will not stream at all.

Details in the comments to the Facebook post for this firmware update. Short story is that after updating to 1472 firmware the Cam v2 will not reconnect to WiFi after an app restart or power cycle with larger SD cards installed. My SD cards of 128GB worked fine on 1433. With the 1472 update 32GB cards work, but not the larger cards.

1 Like

I hope the is available soon as 1433 has been the worst firmware experience I’ve had.

2 Likes

This firmware has messed up my camera.
Not only did it fail 4 times trying to update, but, after it successfully did, it looses connection immediately, power cycle, nothing. I have to pair it again.
Please don’t come at me about network, wifi issues. It’s been fine for the 2 or 3 years I have had it, and one of the routers is literally beside it.

1 Like

Of my approximately 19 cameras updated to this beta, at least 4 seem to no longer connect (or no longer stay connected) to wifi, despite repeated hard power-recycling (unplugging them, waiting a minute, replugging). They all (all 19) have 64GB SD cards, I’m regretting being an early beta adopter, this last year several betas have been quite unstable. I don’t see a particular pattern for when betas fail (not particular cameras nor locations), but these 4 cameras seem basically offline (no events, no live view), they’re offline (error code 90) despite my router showing them w assigned IP addresses. I’d recommend staying away from this beta.

I’ve had similar issues. I constantly have to reconnect my camera (V2). After having connected successfully, led will start flashing yellow and blue. Haven’t worked out what is causing it. Only way to reconnect is to add as a new camera, and it takes a long time to scan QR code now.

Thoughts about this @Cam3 ?

Gonna throw it out there, but do you use any custom DNS or DoT (DNS-over-TLS)? I used both set on my router and I guess the Wyze cameras didn’t want to play nicely with it. Because of the firmware’s* “security enhancements”, I had to perform a factory reset** and remove any custom DNS records because the newer firmware on the cameras didn’t want to play nicely anymore with my settings.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze Cam v3 Pro, Wyze Cam v3, v2 and Wyze Cam Pan and v2 firmware - 11/2/22

Thanks @XKaliber for the message but no custom DNS. Only new thing was upgrading to a WiFi 6 router, which didn’t have any effect pre update.
Though my Wyze Cam is now dated, I’ve used it for all these years without any issues. I’ll be happy to buy a new one if it’s something on my specific one.
Latest for my camera - it can no longer scan the QR code. It did scan the first 5 or so times I had to add as a new camera each time, now it cannot at all so is offline (annoying while we have work being done at home and keys with two firms while we are out).

1 Like

Hi . Check the old 4.9.6.241 firmware. thats working on my v2 s.

Installed on two of my Cam V2. Older one upgraded ok on the app, Newer wyze Cam Black upgrade on the app failed and was never able to connect after that. A solid yellow light was always on, this update bricked my V2 Cam. I tried factory reset and reinstalling many older firmware, but even with older firmware installed the solid yellow light was on and nothing worked.

I strongly do not recommend upgrading to this firmware!!!

1 Like

No change they still dont work on V2

@WyzeAndy @WyzeDesmond @WyzeJasonJ

Seeing an issue where viewing the live feed of a Cam Pan V1 FW Version 4.10.9.1472 is crashing iOS versions 16.1 and 16.2.

This is/was happening on Wyze App versions 2.36.0.14 and 2.37.0(12)

Wyze App versions 2.36.0.14 - Log: 803641
Wyze App versions 2.37.0(12) - Log 806443

Thank you for your attention in this matter

1 Like

My p2 comera failed to update tried reinstalling amf hard boot but it still failed updates ow i can only see camera feed through Android phone app when connected to home wifi all other wifis fail???

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.