Introducing Wyze Video Doorbell - 9/22/20

Yes. Watch the installation video.

I was only hearing one, until I realized that you have to press what looks like the fast forward or fast rewind button to scroll through the sounds.

1 Like

Thanks I missed that page. Will check it out. :+1:

I didn’t scroll down far enough last time. I heard the dog and bird.

I know wyze said January 2021 but I really hope that actually isn’t the case, want to see some videos from YouTubers unboxing and properly setting it up seeing how it works. Already pre-ordered though.

2 Likes

Why no SD card support? 12 second clips with ‘cool down’ aren’t long enough without the option to backup and review the video.
Will Wyze be coming out with another version with SD card?

2 Likes

Here is a new wish list item to add SD card to the next Video Doorbell, please vote to have your voice heard!!! :grinning:

5 Likes

Here is a new wish list item to add RTSP support to the next Video Doorbell, please vote to have your voice heard!!! :grinning:

3 Likes

There has been a wish list item created for using existing chimes, please vote there to have your voice heard!!

3 Likes

Also, battery version of video door bell.

1 Like

Here you go :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Thank you for adding all of the new wishlist items @steve4335- you’re a machine! I’m also interested in using the existing chimes and adding an SD card slot.

1 Like

Yes, he is a machine! SN4335 :smiley:

1 Like

I absolutely will! Maybe in a v2 doorbell! Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, I think it has to be a push towards CAM Plus. How useful is a 12 second clip and 5 minute cooldown for a video doorbell? So, if someone steals a package from your front porch, you might only get them walking up the drive.
If it wasn’t a CAM Plus push, then it just wasn’t well thought out at all!

2 Likes

Make a paper chain to track the time!

2 Likes

That gives me a great idea for an Advent style Calendar counting down to shipment… :thinking:

3 Likes

Put this question on the wishlist topic by accident. Bumping it here so it hopefully gets an official answer: Video Doorbell - #1178 by davidnestico2001

I also just ordered. The price is good enough to try it. However, I already know what I don’t like. The (free) 12 second recording IMO is to short. I will replace my SkyBell with this cam. My SkyBell records events and stores them in the cloud for free too. But these recordings are 30s.

Even with the 3:4 orientation, there does not appear to be a vertical wedge included to compensate for non-horizontal wall surfaces or angling the view downward when the house is above street level.

2 Likes

Is there a on-demand live view for the doorbell? I have 5 pan cams and I have waiting patiently for the doorbell. I am not sure I am going to get one now, I don’t understand why they don’t use the existing door bell chime when they are already drawing power from it. If there is cool down period too then it will be useless and does not have SD card for local record. I have been using continuous record on to the SD card on all my pan cams. I don’t understand they don’t use the hub for the outdoor cam. Eufy has doorbell can be powered by battery and wired, use the chime and use the hub. Granted it is more expensive but it is close to all the feature I wants. I used to have a bunch of Lorex cameras and I switched to Wyze and now I have just found out they have a door bell for $99 and built -in 16 gig of memory can further expand with a micro SD card, 3 seconds pre-recording of an event, no cool down and powered by door bell wired and the chime works,. They also sell a wedge kit with two wedges, horizontal and vertical so it works on my siding where my current door bell is.

2 Likes