Introducing Wyze Video Doorbell - 9/22/20

The image on the phone, the way it fills the phone screen does not appear to be 3:4.

1 Like

I love this product… EXCEPT that it does not ring a mechanical doorbell. I’ve been wanting this for a while, and now that it is here… it can’t ring my doorbell? It feels pretty aweful to castrate my mechanical chime when ring, skybell, august, nest, can all ring a mechanical doorbell. Why not this one? Regardless can sometype of functionality be built into this to make it ring a doorbell? I know Ring has a small wiring adapter so that it can get enough power and also ring the doorbell. Even if the Wyze Doorbell does not have capacitors inside to hold a charge (I am assuming it needs the power 100% without variation), a small adapter can be created that has the capacitor to feed power whenever it loses charge due to the ding dong of a mechanical doorbell. You’ve figured out how to wirelessly transit video, there has to be a way to wirelessly transmit a “activate/deactivate” switch to a dongle that attaches to a mechanical doorbell. I would pay, twice the price of this doorbell just for that, and to get away from the RING ecosystem.

2 Likes

It may be zoomed to fill the screen which would mean the left/right are cut off. That’s good because I would want to be able to see more to the sides.

1 Like

Instant Notifications

Never miss another visitor. Unless you want to.

Receive instant push notifications when Wyze Video Doorbell is pressed so you know the moment someone’s at your door.

===============================

Should I interpret this to mean that the much disgusted Android delayed notification issue is now resolved and/or does not apply to the Video Doorbell??

Specifically regarding phone notifications when not at home.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why no microSD card support? This is cheap & easy. Big miss here. I ordered 2 before reading the FAQ (my mistake) to replace Uniden DB1s that are made by Hikvision. Will probably stick with the Uniden despite this because it supports microSD & mechanical bell. Additionally, you can select regions of interest for motion detection in a grid like pattern, not just one big rectangle like WC2 & WCO. (I’m assuming WDB will be the same). WCO has turned out to be a major disappointment, especially at its price point. One 12 second clip per 72 seconds means we are missing 83% of the possible video capture. This presumes a 1 min cool down time, the minimum amount of time allowable per settings. No Cam Plus option either. Big letdown guys.

4 Likes

Any tear down pics yet?

1 Like

The lack of SD Card support really broke my heart as well. I was completely sure they’d include it since it’s WYZE and they have awesome SD card support in their other cameras, but seeing that it’s not included was really disappointing. Granted, it gives me WAY more for free than my current ring doorbell does as far as motion events go, and at a 1/4th of the initial cost, but I was really excited to have a doorbell from WYZE with an SD card inside of it. Not sure if this is to push people towards CAM Plus or not, but I can’t see why it would have been a really difficult requirement to fulfill if CAM Plus wasn’t to blame. This aside, I’m still excited to have their doorbell and have it integrated into my WYZE app with all my other cameras, especially at a killer price.

2 Likes

One thing I would love to see is the ability to access the RTSP. I know this may impact performance or not allow for new updates like the Wyze cam V2.

This is a great feature and allows for smooth integration to other platforms. Sounds like a great product at a great price point so i bought one and I’m excited for its arrival.

1 Like

Hello. I am new here. Would like to order the new video doorbell, but wondering if my 35 year old chime with it’s existing wiring will work with this doorbell. Is there any chance my existing doorbell chime might be outdated?

2 Likes

Existing chimes won’t work with it.

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s not good.

2 Likes

It does come with the chime that does work with it.

1 Like

OK. Going to read a little more about it. My chime is so old, maybe it needs to go!

2 Likes

Comparing a photo posted on another thread and a photo from the Wyze doorbell support pages, it does appear that The full screen stock picture views are zoomed in. Look at the time stamp in the picture on the right, the time stamp is cut off, only says the date, not the hour/mins/secs like the left picture does (which looks like the correct 3:4 ratio).

3 Likes

What are the animal sounds pig, dog, cat?

Doorbell Chime Tunes (19)

5 modern tunes

4 classic doorbell chimes

3 animal sounds

6 sounds for automation

1 intruder alarm

2 Likes

I serious doubt that Chimes have changed much in the last 50 years.

Comment on the lack of an SD card:. Putting an SD card in the doorbell increases the chance that the whole thing will ripped off just to get at the SD card. Adding the requirement for a base station with an SD card, I hope not. If I want continuous recording I would get something that is made for that purpose and one that I could move around.

Further, If this doorbell works as advertised, at it’s unbelievable price, I am all in. I have a Skybell that I have to reset every few months. Been waiting for this to replace it.

But I need to know the max distance to the chimes.

2 Likes

They should upload a video of the sounds on the support page!:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They could have included a demo of the chimes on the Wyze video but… :thinking:

1 Like

They included most of the chimes on the product page.

At least 2 of the 3 animal sounds are variations of dogs barking.

4 Likes