Introducing Wyze Battery Cam Pro - 8/1/2023

@seapup, is your Battery Cam Pro in a group, if it is could you remove it from the group and see if it then auto streams?

It doesn’t auto-stream from the home page when not in a group, but I don’t think any cam is supposed to. When not in a group, tapping the BCP thumbnail does successfully bring up a live stream.

We can repro that in a group it will not auto stream, but when we enter live view from the home page when cam is not in a group the stream is auto starting.

2 Likes

Same. “When not in a group, tapping the BCP thumbnail does successfully bring up a live stream.” :+1:

1 Like

No luck pairing. Android 13. I can’t believe this wasn’t tested or found before they shipped out. Glad it I received so fast, props for that I guess.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze app hotfix - Released 8/3/2023

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze app hotfix - Released 8/3/2023

Night vision turned off , camera light off, color night vision is awful compared to other Starlight sensor cameras I’ve tested in exact same spot hard to make out any color at all

AMA summary is ready and posted now!

2 Likes

When I’m inside my house at midnight and I turn on the lights they have color night vision too ™

2 Likes

Thanks! I am using a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 13 (TQ3A.230705.001). I have the latest Wyze app version 2.44.1 (326). I have confirmed all bluetooth and location permissions are correct.

I never get past the pairing phase (never prompts for wifi info). After 2 minutes I hear “pairing timed out” from the WBCPro.

I have uploaded app log 1133000.

@lasers

You can enable the feature by going to settings, Advanced and turn off Battery Saving Mode. This is what stops the cameras from auto streaming.

The feature appears to be inop:

Introducing Wyze Battery Cam Pro - 8/1/2023 - #71 by Seapup

Interesting. When I turn it on, I need to tap on the play icon. Then when I turn it off, it plays automatically when I tap on the camera to stream live.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

It was from last March or April so I’m thinking it didn’t come with an adapter cable. Where do I get the adapter cable for the older Wyze solar panels to USB C?

1 Like

Playing automatically shouldn’t require a tap in group view with Battery Saving Mode toggled off.

So are we SOL if we have existing Wyze Solar Panels or ordered one 2 days before release? Seems silly that the Battery Cam Pros itself didn’t come with an adapter for microUSB given that has been the standard on all Wyze Products

How is that an adapter for the Wyze Battery Cam Pro? It needs to be MicroUSB to USB-A receptacles so we can use that flat/flush cable that comes with the camera. That will stick out from the bottom.

That adapter converts the USB micro connector at the end of the Solar Panel cable to the USB C that the Battery Cam Pro needs.

Since May 2023 they have been including this cable with new solar panels.

1 Like