In app ads

As wyze customer support and bugs get worse in app ads increase. I guess rather than fix anything wyze is having all its IT staff hard at work adding ads to the app. How long until we see wyze selling ad space in the app to others.

2 Likes

I understand how the marketing popups can get bothersome depending on your subscriptions and setup. There have been other posts reporting some popups are not able to be turned off or bypassed. Any possibility of posting a screenshot the next time it happens so these can get logged in this thread and reported as glitches or excessive?

Also, do you have all the in app messages turned off in Account → Notifications?

1 Like

Android beta App and in app notifications are off, but I guess wyze considers their ads exempt. The ad is a dog for some monthly paid service that comes up when I go to the events tab (not every time). But when I go there it is to see events and not be spammed.

Understood. And agree. If the in app settings are off, you should only get a pop-up reminder or upsell pop-up if you try to click on something that requires a higher level of service.

It also might be something specific to the Beta app. Have you tested it against the Public Release app?

Next time you see it. Please post. Trying to dial in what triggers these as it seems to have something to do with which plan cams are on and a push to upsell.

1 Like

Luckily, I only see notifications when the app version has been updated. I use the Android version.

1 Like

1 Like

Wow. Glad I don’t get ads.

1 Like

I never used to, just started with latest beta.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. Discussion and more examples should be posted here in the thread if experienced so that new users who get frustrated with the same can add their experience and justification can be gathered to lobby Wyze to dial back the Time Share Hard Sell.

It is also good to start logging a library of all the pop-up ads. Many times a user posts that they got a pop-up and it wouldn’t allow them to cancel it. Because all my cams are already on CamPlus, I have never seen the pop-up so I am unable to help.

IMO, the in app upsell popups should NOT hinder the user experience. One shouldn’t have to close an ad every time they try to open the Events Tab or view an Event Video\Thumbnail that isn’t CP. I can understand one time, but once closed it should not reappear. They also need to have a “Do Not Remind Me Again” option.

If a feature is selected that requires CP, I can understand it then. But not for features accessible without it.

Since you are on Beta and not PR though, this might just be a Beta app glitch that needs to be reported within that thread. Curious if it is being experienced in the PR app on both OS.

4 Likes

@beemgee, I sent an inquiry to Wyze. The response I got was that they found an issue with the In App Messages configuration when the settings were toggled off and have corrected it for people that disabled IAMs. I have also learned that based on the feedback from users, they have also reduced the freequency of popups within the app.

Hopefully you will see an improvement.

3 Likes

Here’s my problem. In app ads block me from viewing my events every time.

2 Likes

That pop-up has been reported in another thread as well.

@WyzeJasonJ has reported that pop-up to the dev team for action to fix the issue. Here is Jason’s post on the issue:

1 Like

Yea, that’s the one we were looking for! No way to dismiss it.

Indeed. Second or third time it appeared in the threads. Same one that has already been sent up to Wyze.

1 Like

When oh when are they going to fix this?

2 Likes

Check your apps again please. Just received a message from Wyze that the popup issues were identified and have been changed to make it better. Report back with any developments.

1 Like

Getting very tired of these whenever I start app. They are not sweet, funny, or critical.
I don’t need the service or the ads.

Ad free subscription coming for only $1 a month

3 Likes

I receive these ads 1-2 times a day. I had camplus, I know what it is and I don’t want it anymore.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

If the latest beta app was supposed to fix the in app ads - IT DIDN’T.