Possible legal problems

The point is, if you don’t sign up for it you’re camera doesn’t work. Once you do an update to the camera and or app the event log stops working until you sign up. Try putting the same spin on the purchase of your car, you’re driving along and a pop-up window comes up and said your car will not work anymore unless you sign up for a free trial. I don’t want a free trial, I just want the camera to work as warranted upon purchase. Is that asking too much?

1 Like

Can you submit an event log? Logs don’t stop, period. No reason to do that.

I think the ads will reduce tho. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is from yesterday, the event log works, but you can’t play the event. 2nd pic is when you try and play the pop up comes up and won’t allow playback. The learn more button takes you to a sign up window and the signup window takes you to a info to sign up window… at that point you can’t do anything other than quit the app.

3 Likes

That’s got to be an abnormal bug.
Do you have Android or iOS?
If Android 12 or higher, if you have gesture controls on, I wonder if you can swipe from the left or right to do the “go back” gesture to have that pop-up disappear.

1 Like

ios 15.6.1, actually this is been happening for sometime since the last update. If you don’t have the cam plus it will not allow you to view the event log unless you update. If you go online or even the forum and ask you’ll find plenty of people complaining. Customer Service will tell you that unless you get into the free trial and put your information in the event playback will not work. I know I sound like a pain in the butt, but I wouldn’t have bought these cameras unless they worked independently from a remote location, which they did for 8 months. They shouldn’t force me to put additional info on line to use something I already paid for. Call me a consumer advocate, which I guess could be considered a pain in the butt.

1 Like

I am sorry this is happening.
I have reported this to the team and I will let you know what I find out, were you given a ticket number when you contacted support, if so could you give that to me also?

3 Likes

Of course it won’t playback because there is nothing to playback. Without Cam Plus or Cam Plus lite all you will get is a static picture. Since you don’t want Cam Plus or Cam Plus Lite just put a 128GB card in the camera/cameras, set to continuous record and view the playback from the recording on the card at the time of the events: 22:38, 22:33, 21:19, 21:03 and so on.

2 Likes

Jac9123
I totally understand and agree with you .I hope the state of Florida slams Wyze for misleading products . Plain and simple folks - You only get a maximum of 12 seconds security video with cam 3 - AT NO COST ( putting a 128 g card and running continuous video is not the intended purpose ) All other methods require a fee ,as far as I can understand. Good luck and thanks for your post jac9123.

1 Like

Wrong, you will not get 12 second videos unless you are using cam plus lite which you can choose to pay $0.00 for. WYZE announced that the “FREE” 12 second videos were going away on 11 Jan 2022 and that you would need at least cam plus lite to continue to get videos. Without CP or CP lite, static photos only. JeeZZZZZ! it September and this issue keeps coming up :astonished:

1 Like

I appreciate you sharing the screenshots, that was helpful to understand what you are talking about. It looks like a bug to me, and one I am sure Jason will have it resolved so that it is possible to close/skip. It’s times like these I wish iOS had a dedicated “back” button or gesture that works everywhere like Android has. I wish Apple would just fix their back button/gesture issues to be consistent. There are so many times in iOS where I get stuck in an app with no way to close a popup or go back or anything and it drives me crazy that I have to just close the app and open it back up again because I can’t navigate around a screen like this. Very frustrating. Apple is supposed to make this stuff easier, not more complicated.

I’m fairly confident Wyze will resolve this now that we can see an example of what you’re talking about.

4 Likes

OK -so I got he wording/title wrong re 12 seconds .End result is still the same .No free video greater than 12 seconds .

I have 3 numbers, this is the last one. 2361987

1 Like

I have 92GB of free video on the SD in my driveway cam and the videos were free, but I did have to pay for the SD card. :rofl: There was never free videos longer than 12 second for cloud recording that I know of.

2 Likes

I would be happy with 12 sec, I get nothing. Do an update and you will nothing as well. The update will make you sign up for a free trial or you get no playback.

Correct, No Cam Plus or Cam Plus Lite, no video recordings will show on the events page. If you would have taken the free trial it probably would have expired by now and maybe you wouldn’t get all those annoying pop ups anymore? I said MAYBE :grin:

1 Like

That was not the original part of the sale, I purchased the cameras nine months ago, they can’t change a program midstream which makes the cameras unusable, and as far as the static picture, there is a big square with a free trial in the middle of the picture which makes it unusable or should I say unrecognizable. There is absolutely no way that you can remove that little square that says free trial, there’s no cancel button and if you press the little square up on top you were taken to a sign up window for 19.99 a year fee.

Since I have Cam Plus on 3 cameras and Cam Plus Lite on 4 cams I can’t help with that issue of the pop up. As far as changing the policy since you purchased your cams that is also another issue. I’ve had some of my cams for almost 2 years and I chose to continue to get the 12 second videos for FREE using Cam Plus Lite paying $0.00 on 4 cams. I do not understand your fear of signing up for free cam plus lite because WYZE will have your information? They already have all they need to know. :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: I guess you missed this info? And the deadline was expanded past Feb. 28

2 Likes

You are correct, I also paid for the SD card and received 12 second videos until I had to do an update because the camera stopped working, then if I didn’t press on free trial and enter my information the video event would no longer work. Not to mention a big black covers the video saying that I need a free trial. And there is no way to get out of that screen.

Agreed.

You don’t need any subscription, free or otherwise, to record motion or continuous videos to that SD card. Those recordings are found under each camera’s View Playback button.

3 Likes