I want a refund!

I read a few sentences of this rant…and stopped when i saw iOS.
I use Android (Google Pixel 3) and have not had any serious issues with current WYZE products.
Apple always is a pain, and breaks things whenever they post updates.
Dump Apple. Thats your problem…my advice.

Though, i have the newer products, (so not the v1 products mentioned in OP).
But, seems normal to me to see more issues with discontinued products when trying to use them with newer phones.

I have only ever had minor issues here and there over the years.
Only major issue was when WYZE severs had some issue and the 2FA system was messed up for a bit year or 2 ago, so i could not use the app for a few days while they fixed it.

My interactions with Wyze support, when needed, only been a few, have been positive.

But really, if u feel better to complain over a $20, made in china device…then fine.

I have a Wyze cam v2 outside for 3yrs now, ice, snow, rain, hail, 115F or -54F temps, still works fine…for $20. (Same conditions killed off my clients professions outdoor wired $3,000 CCTV system and cams that cost $200 each)

5 Likes

I’d gladly pay up to 100$ for same hardware if it had improved security benefits, If you want actual security expect to pay much more than 20$.

A lot of things sucks but I think you’re too demanding.

They should reduce the framerate to 5FPS if it can be easier to run on this HW with a new optional firmware and let you decide if you want to upgrade or not, for 20$ for v2.

2 Likes

Pkoi,

A change to the frame rate doesn’t accomplish anything. It’s not the camera it seems, it’s the iOS app, or a combination of the app and the cam’s firmware. I love to find out, but Wyze won’t say anything about it.

You say the problem is only on iOS. Do the video act the same if you add them to your camera roll? If you happen to have an old video saved from when it started working again, does it still play fine on your phone?
This might actually be a video encoding compatibility issue with your phone and it’s version of iOS (for instance iOS 11 dropped support for a lot of 4K video without any communication from Apple about it, this was also affecting iPhone X, which weren’t even a year old).
I hope this helps and that you eventually find a solution to your problem. However if the camera is incapable of encoding in a video format supported by your phone, Wyze might not be able to do anything about it. You could always ask Apple to release the MOV boxes they need and support (that’s not happening even if you tell them about your 1984).
All the best!

Thanks for the comment, but my phone isn’t the issue here. Live playback is fine. The SD card video playback is the problem. I’m on the most recent version of iOS and my phone is the XS Max.

There’s some sort of issue when playing back video. I’ll get the spinning wheel on screen for about 5-10 seconds and when the video starts playback it drops two seconds of video. I’ve tried swapping cards, reformatting them, power cycling the cams. Nothing works.

There’s another thread here that I posted on about this problem where I did nothing to the cams except download an update of the app and that corrected the issue. Then it came back after another update. It APPEARS that Wyze broke the functionality of the app and they don’t want to repair the damage.

That is not at all unusual for Wyze S/W and F/W releases. My wife and I combined don’t have enough fingers to count the times that’s happened since I got my first Wyze product. Their QA and regression testing is abysmal at best. :unamused: :frowning_face:

4 Likes

My scale works just fine since the day I got it. I even have it synced to my Wyze band. Did you try reaching out for a replacement or working with support?

1 Like

Maybe your wireless signal sucks. I have three V3, 2 V2, and 2 pan Cam cameras and they all work fine with Android. I have a repeater on the back porch and I was having issues connecting sometimes to the V3 outside. I realized I paired the camera to the router in the house and not the porch one. I paired it to the porch repeater and it works flawlessly now. I must admit the V3 cam is very good. The night viewing in low light works great. The speed of the video is also better. Good job Wyze on V3.

2 Likes

“Would you expect to buy a laptop and have the operating system quit after three years with no fixes or alternatives which renders the laptop useless?”

Comparing a $20 camera with a laptop is not going to win you any arguments.

Furthermore, many/most consumer products today come with one-year warranties, at most. $350 robot vacuums? One-year warranties. So yeah, after 3 years, most consumer products have become bricks, and most cost more - often much more - than twenty bucks.

2 Likes

yep, yep

BS. Apple has outdated iPods and iPad’s where they “still work” but other apps won’t because of the outdated software. And Apple REFUSES to update past the last version they choose and that’s that. F U… So I had to buy newer ones. As has been repeatedly pointed out, that’s how things go. OP is just old like the cameras and refuses to give up an old invalid argument…

1 Like

I agree. It’s only $20, just buy the new one!

1 Like

It’s just $20 (actually $25), are you willing to donate one to him?

1 Like

Amazing how people find it easy to say, “it’s just money. Don’t be such a whiner,” until they have to cough it up.

Trolls, feel free to keep your opinion about this issue to yourself—or put down the cost of two new replacement cams for me.

I am with you 100%. I tried forever to cancel my order and like you, finally gave up because they make it almost impossible to cancel! I am SO disappointed with this company!

1 Like

Good luck! I’ve never gotten any help from them…

1 Like

I’m sorry your going thru this.
I have v2’s and pans, contacts and bulbs.
There are issues here and there but I still like the system. I’ve always had great responses from @UserCustomerGwen she is always willing to help.

I hope everything works out.

2 Likes

Great post.

Yeah, Gwendolyn has been helpful in the past.

Perhaps she’s being told not to respond to posts like this because I won’t like the answer…like we don’t support any issues with v1 cams any longer.

Quit cutting down company I have 1 -V2 and works fine on Iphone7 which is old now I can view it any time Got 2 v3 comming

2 Likes