Hub is offline. Please Reconnect

You can cancel the alert

But I wouldn’t mind my mother-in-law spending a few days in the pen

1 Like

The cam is a standard V3 or another off the shelf cam Wyze offers. You choose where it is placed, not them. Outside is usually preferred as it is a deterrent as well as an early warning. If it is inside, they have already gained access.

If I’m not mistaken, the Pro package is a Noonlight monitored service just like the HMS. So, the cam isn’t calling anyone. An actual person from Noonlight is calling you to confirm an alarm and presumably reviewing the footage before activating law enforcement.

My question is how long users and Noonlight are going to put up with the thousands of false positive “person” AI events from bugs, sunlight, leaves, and cars?

1 Like

UPDATE: This morning I updated the wise app software from v2.30.1 (141) to v2.31.0 (145), and the offline hub errors are gone! This is confirmed both on my Android phone and on my PC (the latter using BlueStacks with Win 10). So it appears that those of us who thought it was a firmware issue were wrong and that a software update solved it (at least for me!). So please update to this software version and see if it works for you!! If this in fact resolves the issue across the board, then why didn’t Wyze respond to the issue in the first place and then again why did they not announce this fix in the what’s new in the update or herein by one of the mods or an employee?? This was a big problem, IMHO!! Yes, no more hub offline and inability to change hub settings volume or status lights for me!! A big thank you to Wyze for fixing this issue, but you still earn a big “F” in communicating this to your users!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up. :+1: I’m seeing the same fix. :smiley:

1 Like

Now I wonder when they will repair the Alexa integration to show live video on the echo

I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! I now see that my rules do not work, nor does setting any new rules work, either!! PLUS my cameras now are sooo sloooow to connect, waiting for 1, 2, 3 can take 10 or 15 seconds! So when they fix one thing they apparently break another!!! Speedtest shows everything is okay, as well! Do these engineers and computer programmers really know what they are doing? Has anyone else been experiencing this new problem since the updated their app today?? Unfortunately, I am losing faith in Wyze, and quickly at that!!!

You weren’t wrong. You were right. It was a Firmware issue that they solved in the software.

Put quite simply, the Hardware Firmware and the App Software are the two tin cans on each end of the string. They MUST work together for the magic communication to work. Wyze pushed the Firmware which broke that link so the hardware and the software wouldn’t work together. The Tin Cans didn’t match.

Rather than fixing the Firmware, they left that new Tin Can and changed the Software to match… New Tin Can on both ends.

Add to this that there is also a Cloud Connector in the middle of the string holding the two ends together, and that gives Wyze one more thing to deal with in the connection… Hence the Service Advisory.

I was unaware of the Service Advisory. Coincidentally, my rules did not work and my cam connection rate was extremely slow after the SW update, so I created a Tech Support ticket. No sooner did I received an answer asking for logs than I fire up the app and lo and behold everything is back in order and works like a champ! Probably a server side issue? One thing after another, but what a coincidence to have it rectified so soon after creating that ticket!

Yes, resolved!

1 Like

I had missed a lot of service advisories in the past as well. Just recently, they added the Service Advisory Tag.

I went to that tag (three bar stack menu>tags>Staff Only>Service Advisory) or the link above if it works.

In the top right, I changed the status of the bell from Normal to Watching.

Now, if Wyze Staff posts a Service Advisory, I get an email as soon as the post is live with that tag.

2 Likes

Thanks for the one-up! I have changed my status to Watching, as well. Hopefully I will be in the loop that much sooner now!

1 Like

I can confirm that it is fixed with the latest app update.

1 Like