How to reset Wyze band when it has been removed from the app already

Want to reset a Wyze band that has not been used in over a year since I bought the Wyze watch.

It is not on the list of devices in the app. Charging it up, it has the customizations stored.

I did search and everything shows how to reset the band through the app. I went as far as trying to add the band , but since it doesn’t display a code, I am stuck.

Just in case you aren’t doing this, you don’t reset the Band thru the app. In theory you can’t anyway if it isn’t on the list of devices in the app. You reset it on the Band, in it’s settings. You’ll find Reset just below Reboot. That should get the code to show up. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I couldn’t find the settings on the band so that is why I assumed it had to be reset thrrough the app.

Time to use my good glasses

:microscope:

Ok. Apparently the settings was removed. Again I went through every selection.

1 Like

Thanks for the video! You sure have an interesting issue. You need to press reset on the Band, yet the Band has no Settings entry. Interestingly, although the app does let you remove things from displaying on the Band, it does not let you remove Settings. So this shouldn’t even be possible.

I notice you don’t have an Alexa entry. Normally, if you hold down the home button on the Band, Alexa appears. What happens when you hold down the home button? Does Settings appear? Maybe you have really old firmware?

1 Like

When I hold the home button, I get a message ‘Connection Lost Disconnected with Wyze App’

Probably old firmware as you suggested.

Time to recycle it.

There is one more possibility I can think of. It may reset if the battery dies. Was the battery dead when you started this? If not, give that a try.

You might also contact support and see if they have any ideas:

Customer Support

There are many ways to contact Wyze. Their phone number is (206) 339-9646, or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site.

They’re open for support between 4 am-8 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am-4 pm PT Saturdays and Sundays. Closed Easter Sunday.

1 Like

I appreciate your help. Too much time has been spent. I am gathering my Wyze watches and bands to sell on eBay. Will throw this in as a freebie.