How to connect WYZY CAM OG to the back of the house?

So in the summer I installed an OG at the back of my house. I bought 75 feet of an outdoor electrical cord to get it as close to the camera as I could, and then ran a 10 foot longer WYZY POWER EXTENSION USB CABLE to the camera.

I have issues with the signal which i assumed was because of the WIFI distance. The router is upstairs in my landlords suite in my house (2 stories), and I live on the floor below (ground level).

I purchased a WIFI EXTENDER (TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Extender (RE315) - Covers up to 1,500 Sq.ft and 25 Devices, Up to 1200Mbps, Dual Band WiFi Booster Repeater, Access Point Mode) and connected the camera to that 2.4GIG wifi coming from the WIFI Extender.
However the signal is still not all that great and watching LIVE, it keeps freezing up with many delays… seconds as it counts has delays… 10, 11…15, 16, 17,…22…26 and so on… Only shows 1 - 2 bars in signal in the app

What I don’t understand is HOW are you all connecting it on OUTSIDE of your building at say your business with WIFI is very limited??

If a WIFI EXTENDER does nothing, how are you achieving this???

Mesh WiFi with multiple nodes

1 Like

A mesh Wi-Fi system is definitely the best approach, and it will be much more future proof then an extender.

If you’re not able to invest in a whole system, then you can find higher power Wi-Fi extenders, and play with the placement. You need to make sure the Wi-Fi connection from the router to the extender is strong, as well as the connection from the extender to the camera.