How does two factor authentication work on Wyze V3 cameras? Anyone tried it?

How does two factor authentication work on Wyze V3 cameras? Anyone tried it?

1 Like

No different than any other Wyze device.
2FA relates to YOU logging into your account.
And yes, as of earlier this morning I set up 2FA and and watching V2, V3, and Pan cameras.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.
Do I have to use 2FA EVERY TIME I look at my cameras ?
Or only if I close the App?
Thanks,

2 Likes

It needs some work.
I will enter my Google Auth code and it just crashes the webpage lol

1 Like

Not either of those. Only when you log into the app. Closing the app does NOT log you out.

3 Likes

@udon What phone type, and app version?

2 Likes

I just logged out on both phone and back in without any problem, and earlier I logged into live Web View without incident.
Motorola g(7) Power with Android version 10, Wyze version v2.34.0 (73)
iPhone 8 with iOS version 15.6.1, Wyze version 2.35.0 (b3)

1 Like

No, it is only used with the app and does not require you to use it everytime you start the app. It is required if you log out of the app and then log back in. Or if you are setting up an app on another device

3 Likes

I have not experienced this myself. Can you post the type of device you are using and the App Version as well?

1 Like

You asked the question before I did. :slight_smile:

Not experiencing the issue either, I am using a Pixel 5, Pixel 6, iPhone Xs, iPhone 13, and an Android Tablet. All of which I do not experience any crashing.

1 Like

The website via my PC lol

If I set up the 2FA on my iMac and I already have the Wyze app open on my iPhone, and on several Amazon Fire tablets, do I need to enter the 2FA on any of these other devices?
Does it screw up the Amazon Wyze Skill or the TinyCam app?

No, it will not mess anything up.

You will only need to use 2FA for the initial log on. After that, you will need to present it if you happen to log out of the app and then back in. Each device you set the app up on you will need to provide the 2FA token once.

With Tiny Cam, you will provide the 2FA token when you connect to each of the Cameras as that is the initial intake into Wyze. But after that, they will just work. I had Tiny Cam for some time and have not had an issue. I did stop using it and started using the Wyze Web View.

That was what I was afraid of.
So now I need to apply 2FA on EVERY DARN tablet display for every camera I have. That is a big job because I have a bunch of cameras and a bunch of tablets in various rooms.
That is a HUGE Pain In the Derrière.
You would think Wyze could have come up with an easier and less painful way to do it.
I am disappointed in Wyze.

No, once you set up 2FA on any Device running your Wyze App, it will be setup for all devices. When you log-out and the Back in you will need to provide your 2FA Token. But if you never log-out then you will not have to provide your 2FA token. you can open and close the app as many times as you want.

Sorry for the consufsion here. You will only need to set up 2FA once on any of the Wyze Apps you have installed.

Tiny Cam is different, when I used to use it. I set up a camera and had to provide my credentials for Wyze and it did prompt for my token. Biut I only had to do that the initial time.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
I understand that once they are all set up I will NOT have to use 2FA unless I sign out of Wyze.
But I’m a little confused about how many times I will need to setup 2FA initially.

Let’s say I have 9 cameras and 9 tablets and an iPhone and an iMac and the Amazon Wyze skill on some tablets and the Tinycam on other tablets, how many times will I have to initially set up 2FA.
The number of initial set up is _ _ _ _ _ ?

Once. Set it up on one phone/tablet, and you won’t have to touch the other ones

2 Likes

If they run the Wyze app on multiple devices, 2FA needs to be set up once on each device upon initial Wyze app login.

2 Likes

If what you say is true, 2-factor authentication is useless. We have to adjust each of our tablets, phones, computers, etc.

Once. the other devices will honor that.

1 Like