How do i cancel the camplus trial that i was forced to?

this gets so bad, out of control…

i hv a rtsp camera that i thought i could get rid of rtsp by doing a factory reset.

so i did a factory reset, of course nothing happened except that i HAD to agree to 2 week free trial before i could add the camera back, and there is no way to cancel it, online or app.

i already have two on camplus and i don’t want this on camplus, too many videos, but now i had to stuck two weeks.

i have been thinking of buying two more cameras and it seems tht u hv to agree to trial to activate the camera, this is out of limit!

You should be able to cancel the Cam Pluse service here:
https://services.wyze.com/user/login

yes, it should, but trial is not there

You don’t have to associate the trial with a camera.
In the app, go to Account > Services > Cam Plus and uncheck the camera that is using the trial.

5 Likes

tell me how?

in the second picture, i select other camera, nothing happened

maybe b/z this camera has rtsp firmware?

It seems to be forcing you to use the trial on a camera.
I don’t know why it would be doing this. I’ve seen other people with this issue. I think that a pop-up after setup with an option to use Cam Plus might be a better way to go about this!

That’s it. The RTSP camera’s firmware is too old to be on the Cam Plus list. It looks like the trial isn’t being used.

2 Likes

Good to know!
I don’t use RTSP with my Wyze cameras so I don’t know much about that and it’s accompanying issues/benefits.

that explains why i could not find the trial on service.wyze.com

Not sure about that.
You should still be able to activate the trial on one of your other cameras.

problem solved,

i manually flash to get rid of rtsp, now i can unselect

2 Likes

It is a pop up, but you can’t go around it when you’re adding a cam. Sloppy code.