How can I find the MAC Address?

Hi I received my V2 today,

I live in a complex where the only option is community Wifi(Cox Bulk Accounts)

I have to connect my Printer, lights, speakers to the network with MAC address, NO password is available to setup on the app

I Cant find it for this camera anywhere on the packaging or manual

Any idea? help please

only place I know that has MAC address is within the camera settings…which you can’t access until you connect device.

hopefully someone from Wyzecam can help

You could set the camera up on some other 2.4GHz wifi temporarily be able to retrieve the MAC address from within the app. Do you give the MAC address to the network and then the network lets the device join as if it were an open wifi? That may work. If it takes some special interaction from the device (camera) though, it’s not going to work since there’s no way to change how the camera connects. Also, the wifi has to be 2.4GHz.

One solution may be to use a wifi router that supports WISP mode as a bridge. One example:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TSK26W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did you look on the bottom of the camera? Mine is printed on the label on the base.

Everyone says you can get the Mac in the app? Where in the app? I thought i looked everywhere but can’t find it. Please help

You should be able to go to the following to see the MAC address in the Wyze app.:

Cameras; Select the specific camera, Go to the gear icon, Then click on Device Info. The first line should show MAC…

Another way to find the Mac address is by looking for the number on the device itself. For the Wyze Cam you will find it on the bottom and the Wyze Cam Pan it is on the backside of the camera.

I kinda figure that but its mounted, up high, and I’m not going to climb and get it. I want to know where in the app shows the MAC address as people here claimed. Thanks

Wyze app > Camera > Gear icon (top right) > Device Settings > Device info. The MAC address is at the top.

thank you!!! gosh i thought i looked in that area but i just needed to scroll down to see device info. thanks again

1 Like

You’re welcome! No problem, glad you found it.

1 Like