Home Monitoring Option to set entry delay individually for each sensor

IMHO, this the lack of this option is a deal breaker for being called a “Professional” Home Security System. ALL home security systems that I’ve investigated have this feature and here is the reason why:

Currently, the HMS only provide an all or nothing approach to entry delay (all sensors get set to zero delay or 30 sec or 45 sec or …). This is not good because if the system is set to HOME and someone opens a window, they have the full time of the Exit Delay to possibly get to you before you are alerted and an alarm is sounded/sent. This is really unacceptable. Even in AWAY mode, there should only be a delay to turn off your alarm for 1 or 2 doors you may be coming in on. Other windows and door should have an IMMEDIATE alarm occur since you will never yourself be coming in those other avenues of entrance. Same with the Motion Sensor when in AWAY mode - that should (optionally) trip the alarm immediately if that sensor is in an area without normal movement.

Seems like a simple addition to add a “Entrance Delay” option to each sensor’s Settings Page. I believe this is one of many requirements Wyze will need to become UL listed as an approved security system.

I agree that the ability to make specific entry sensors alarm immediatly instead of a 30 or 45 second delay would be a lot safer. I would like to do this on my windows and patio door entry sensors but have my front door entrance entry sensor set on the delay to allow me to come in and disarm. The other thing that would help here is a keyfob arm, disarm option.

1 Like

be sure to vote if you would like to see this addition!

@TextMan , you can also vote. So far I am the only voter. Once the wishlist item is send and then approved, the requestor has the ability to vote in their own topic, it’s not an auto vote for you.

2 Likes

Thanks! I did not know that. I assumed I would be the first vote - but now that I think of it that was a bad assumption! :wink:

1 Like

I agree with what you said in this wishlist description. I was referred here because I separately thought about how I wished some of my sensors, such as my unattached garage door, would sound an alarm immediately with no delay, while my front and back doors had a small entry delay.

Makes sense that windows should go off immediately when set to Away too, or certain motion sensors inside the house. No need for delays on anything but the main entry doors.

This should definitely be possible. I am partially commenting do bump this thread back to the top of the recent activity for others to more likely see it, because somehow I missed it when it was created, and I really wish I’d known to vote for it earlier.

Great wishlist item.

1 Like

There should be an option to select which sensors have an entry/exit delay. For example, a window should generally not be associated with and entry/exit delay. Having this option would provide an additional level of security and enhance user experience.

3 Likes

+1

1 Like

Home Monitoring Individual Sensor Entry Delays

Using Home Monitoring it would be great to be able to individually assign entry delay times to sensors instead of just a global setting. For example, when the alarm is armed, make the front door or a window sensor trigger the alarm immediately, while the garage door entry sensor would be allowed a 30 second delay on entry. This way any entry points you have sensors on that aren’t behind a layer of protection could trigger the alarm immediately, while one under a layer of protection like a garage door, could be allowed to have a delay.

2 Likes

I’m hoping this is resolved soon. It is a glaring omission. I just moved over from SimpliSafe (which has the capability) and during setup of the home monitoring in Wyze I sadly discovered this problem. Please add this feature/fix this bug!

1 Like

Still no response from Wyze on this?

Major safety issue. Need delay settings for individual sensors

I think this is a major issue that Wyze should consider increasing priority of right away.

In home monitoring, I should be able to set 1 or 2 doors as my primary point of entry and place a delay on those points separate from the windows. As it stands now, you cannot set the delay for individual sensors.

This results in a situation where if you have your delay set to 30 seconds for example, that applies to ALL sensors in your HMS. If your system is armed and someone breaks in through a window, that person has 30 seconds (or whatever your delay is) INSIDE YOUR HOUSE to either steal your property or cause bodily harm to you and your family. This is a major problem. With other professional monitoring systems this is a feature that exists. Typically, you want window sensors to immediately trigger an alarm response and not have a delay.

Now, a workaround for this situation is to set the delay to 0 seconds for all. However, this would trigger an immediate alarm response and not give you anytime to get to your keypad. Of course the alternative is to set it to 0 and try to remember to disarm it from your phone prior to entering your home but that is not ideal.

Wyze, please help fix this as soon as possible. People are trusting you with the safety of themselves and their families.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this existing #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

1 Like

Wyze Sensor auto trigger alarm

Have the ability to set sensors that regardless which mode (off, home, away) it is in, will trigger alarm and not give you a count down. EX: Sensor set for window is triggered while in home mode, will set the alarm off. It does not give you a countdown as it does not.

Reason for this is, while most doors you’d want a count down to disable the system, having it on a window may not. This helps keep you secure when it’s a real threat.

1 Like