Home Assistant Integration

For what it’s worth, the lack of Home Assistant/Matter functionality is the primary reason that I’ve already made the decision to leave the ecosystem. I haven’t gone so far as to list everything for sale and do a full-swap to another ecosystem yet, but any new IOT product I’ve bought over the last couple of years has been a Matter-first device (particularly over Thread).

As an early advocate for Wyze (I even outfitted my parents’ house and a friend’s house with whole outfits of bulbs and security devices/cameras), this has been a really disappointing pivot to have to make.
I’m phasing out Wyze wherever I can due to the lack of HA compatibility and haven’t looked back tbh.

3 Likes

@Trasherca This is my first and last post, I waitied years for intergration from WYZE and unfortunately I have reached the end. I have been so disappointed in the slow and what seems to be disinterest in providing access to our owned WYZE products. I am truly sorry for leading my many friends and family into this closed system and gave them bad advised. Thats on me and I have learned my leason. No more Koolaide will be had here. Unlike you, I have just begun replacenent with two of my 9 cameras and I am now experiencing success with my HA setup which I was never capable of reaching before. It’s costing more but they work with greator quality, so I am done with the empty promises and weak attempts to let us leverage our own assets. I had no idea how bad it was until now. The struggle is real when attempting to go outside the WYZE eco system and before anyone says RTSP is being turned on… just more koolaide and not drinking it anymore. I have tried the WYZE Bridge in HA and found 2 of my 9 camaras were the only ones with RTSP available on the list of cameras, but even these 2 cameras do not work after hours of trouble shooting. Simply put It’s just not worth the time, frustration and energy to pick Wyze as a solution because it is not. There are many more options out there that are easy and work. I two front WYZE cameras with Reolink cameras and setup with HA was instant so you can imagine, I am done and can’t wait to replace them all. Good Video Security and home automation does not need to be hard does it. A lesson learned good luck to you @thrasherca and my new advise to everyone I talk to will not be WYZE, dissapointing but see and fell the freedom coming.

1 Like

The HACS integration is flaky at best. It’s also using more of that “hopium” that Wyze won’t shut it down–like they did with the various HMS sensors. I mean, their own app/webview have frequent issues.

The fact that the Aquara G100 camera has HomeKit, Home Assistant, etc integrations out of the box and is in parity with the V4 is proof positive that Wyze is non-serious in providing any sort of integration outside their walled garden.

RSTP in the limited number of cameras that have it is half baked. Like @johnkbecker I think I would recommend that @thrasherca start looking elsewhere.