HMS - Would like to tie rules / shortcuts / notifications to the Home/Away/Disarm modes

Just got the system and setting it up. Was excited as the reviews says highly customizable, so assumed setting rules for Arm DisArmed and Home would be part of the out of the box solution. Rather disappointed. Would seem to be a quite high priority feature that would useful to most owners.

Thanks

3 Likes

Rules along with deeper product integration are much needed for HMS. It was very disappointing to find this as a very rudimentary system that barely scrapes the surface of their product ecosystem.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to schedule arm/disarm, for example arm my system at midnight and disarm it at 5 or 6 am

2 Likes

It would be useful and cool to disarm or arm my monitoring system with my watch. Allow the creation of shortcuts for “Disarm” “Home” and “Away” in the Wyze App for Monitoring. Then allow the Wyze Watch 47 to add these to its shortcut list.

1 Like

I wish there was a way to to schedule arming and disarming the home monitoring system.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about how to improve wise. And make it the most Superior system on the market. In in conclusion I think the best thing that could be done is a complete scripting system. It could be called WyzeScript. I used to use an app called kvirc which actually had its own scripting environment. If it weren’t for that I wouldn’t think it would be possible but incredibly some Foreigner made a app for interacting with IRC with a complete scripting engine. The help files included allowed you to see every type of scripting command.

Maybe this is outside the scope of what wise wants to do, but whenever a company creates a fully competent scripting environment, along with all the hardware, they will be the top home automation company.

So to further expand you would have triggers/events, functions, interface. Each of these distinctive areas would allow you to fully script certain things about the app and how alarms might set off or trigger different things. Imagine being able to write a script that modifies the behavior of when a sensor goes off, to where it chimes because you’ve scripted
in the triggers: onOpen(speaker.chime(2 ms)); stop
Speaker.chime() could be a function in the functions tab. Or it could be a pre-made one that wyze.

I having a in-house created scripting engine, wise can be very careful to make sure that no programs can gain any malicious ability because they’re simply not any functions that allow that control.

It would be an extension of the idea… Also whenever you create a simple trigger it would just create a script for you that you can modify. So even non-programmers can create little scripts via the current menu. And it would take the place inside of a folder.

2 Likes

One thing Wyze should consider with this suggestion: While it might be easy to initially dismiss it as too complicated for the average user to ever use or understand, one thing they should consider is how much extra attention and free advertising they would get out of enabling something like this. There would be a TON more people creating cool videos on social media of the cool things they made their smart devices do. Those would get a ton of views and interest, and the whole time it would be advertising to people about the cool things you can do with the Wyze Eco-system, and thus they would earn a lot more money without spending anything on advertising. The investment in this type of feature would more than pay for itself.

This is the same reason Wyze should work harder at releasing a public API. The extra exposure Wyze will get all over the web will more than pay for the effort of enabling this even if the average user themselves won’t use it…the exposure alone is gold.

1 Like

I don’t see a topic for this already, so I thought I’d add one.

I’d love to see rule support added for the Home Monitoring product. It would be so amazing to be able to have the system automatically arm when we leave the house and disarm when we return. Rule integration would also allow for things like turning on all of the lights if the alarm is triggered.

Hey guys,

I got the email today about the changes to Wyze monitoring. Although helpful, I feel you’re 100% missing on one of the most basic things with home monitoring and that’s allowing us to schedule when it’s armed and disarmed. I can schedule when a plug in turns off and on. I can schedule when a light bulb turns off. But, I can’t schedule when my alarm system is armed. And, that baffles me. I bought the 1 year subscription because I believe in you guys. And, I’m really hoping you can implement this relatively soon. I know I’m not the only one confused by this omission. Some clarity as to why or adding it will go a long way.

2 Likes

I would love to see an option or rule that allows you to turn on cameras when the system is armed and turn them off when it is disarmed. There are certain areas of the house such as bedrooms and living areas where people don’t want cameras on all the time. However, when we are away and the system is armed, I feel these areas need to be recorded as this is where many personal possessions are located. And quite frankly, no one is going to remember to turn these cameras on and off manual when they come and go. I think it’s kind of pointless to have cameras as part of a home monitoring system if the system can’t control the cameras.

4 Likes

I’d like to be able to create a rule that would change the volume on the hub for the opening and closing of doors. I have the hub in one room but spend time in a different part of the house. Would like the volume set to low if I’m in the room as determined by the motion detector but set to medium or high when I’m in a different part of the house.

1 Like

Please make it so that I can schedule the arming of the home monitoring system. If I am home, I only want it active overnight. I don’t want to have to disarm the system before I leave. Then, I just need the ability to override this if I’m leaving for a certain amount of time. Thank you.

1 Like

I found it disappointing when I wanted to write rules around the HMS status and found it not supported.

I work in the home automation and security space and have first had experience in the customer satisfaction of this integration.

Turn on the lights and sound all the sirens when alarm is tripped. Disarm when I unlock my door. Arm home when I lock the door manually, Unlock the doors and turn on the lights and kill the AC when smoke detected.

Wyze please integrate a rules engine with HMS!

thanks

2 Likes

I agree with this 100%. I have no idea why you guys aren’t automating more of the HMS. I love just about everything you guys do. And, this seems to be slipping. The simple matter of NOT being able to schedule the system off and on automatically makes me use this way less than I’d like. And, I’m kinda regretting having purchased 1 year ahead of time.

3 Likes

Ya still waiting for this feature. Makes me regret spendng the money everyday as its useless. Why do I want notifications from my indoor cameras and motion detectors notifying me of every move my family and myself make. Cant comprehend how this isnt a function. Really thinking I should have went with RING. Please step up to the plate Wyze.

3 Likes

I already have HOME and AWAY set up as shortcuts (with MANY embedded actions). Rather than duplicating all of those actions into my Geofence Rules for my Enter and Exit conditions, why not just allow me to use the Shortcut as an allowable Action? Much simpler!

2 Likes

Completely agree. How is this not a feature already??

1 Like

Hello,

I just received my Wyze home monitoring kit and I have not found a way to schedule arming/disarming. With all of my previous security systems I had the ability to schedule home arming for night time and disarming when we wake up. Is there a feature I am missing, or something that will be added soon so we can setup a home arming schedule?

6 Likes

Good question. I’m very interested in knowing how to do this too. Yet to receive my kit but I’ll be looking out to hear feedback

1 Like

Me too. I have mine but like kristofer.south, I couldn’t find a work around to do this.

2 Likes