HMS different notification settings for each armed state

I don’t understand some of the configurations with home monitoring. Why can’t I have notifications turned on for door sensors, motion, cameras etc for ONLY when in “Home” and “Away” armed states? I turn off the notifications because I dont want to know every time I open the patio door while I’m home, yet when I armed the system and open the door, no notification because they are turned off. I would like to see an update where the notification settings are for EACH armed stated independently.

Mod Note: Added HMS to the Title to Enhance Search Clarity.

Mod Note: See this post for an explanation of how it will work.

Mod Note: This feature launched. See Wyze app 2.40 Released - 3/8/2023 for more info.

I’d like to be able to Enable/Disable the sensor Push Notifications based on the status of the Wyze Home Monitoring.

Examples:
Disarmed = Mute Notifications
Away = Unmute Notifications
Home = Unmute Notifications

As it stands now, if I leave the home and press “away”, I have to manually go into my app and enable the push notifications. This should be completely automatic.

With the existing rules, the only triggers are schedule, or a specific sensor triggering it. There are no triggers based on Home/Away/Disarmed status.

This seems like a very basic feature that should have been implemented. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

I’m requesting for an option of push notifications for the Wyze app’s Home Monitoring System to be disabled when the alarm is disarmed. When I have the alarm set to HOME and AWAY, the push notifications for every detail are fine but when I have the whole system disarmed as I am at home, would like the option to have the notifications turned off. Hope this feature will come to future versions of the app.

4 Likes

Another must have feature!

I’m home, walking around and getting constant notifications from the motion sensors… draining my phone’s battery, sensor battery, annoying, and time wasting!

What is “smart” or “automated” about this situation? Should I manually mute/unmute notifications? That is not accepted.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure why this really isn’t addressed. I feel like its a must have feature especially when the system isn’t armed. There’s no need for notifications in most real life situations for that mode.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. I switched from Simplisafe. I’m a big fan of the work Wyze has done, but there are a few things I miss from the way I was able to interact with the whole Simplisafe system. One of the main ones was a widget that allowed me to easily switch between modes.

Stop all notifications in disarm mode

I just set up my home monitor system this weekend and found out that even in disarm mode- notification are still sent to the phone. To me- disarm is disarm! All movement is constantly beeping my phone. Real pain
Or at least give us an option as to what triggers notification in what mode. I’d still like to get a water leak under the disarm mode but when I’m moving around inside my 1,000 sq ft cabin motion is going off constantly.
Enough said!

For anyone following this thread, the ability to do this should be launched in the next app update. It is currently in testing to allow us to set rules based on change of the HMS state.

So you would set up a rule that whenever the state “Switches to Home” or “Switches to Away” as the trigger, you would set the action as “Turn on notifications” and when it “Switches to Disarmed” you would set it turn off notifications. You can tell it to do it for every device, or just select individual devices you want affected.

I don’t know when the next app update will launch, but the Release candidate and the Beta app version prior to it have had this ability (I’ve tested it out), so I expect you will all see it soon. :+1:

1 Like

I’d also add this , when you arm the system you get 1 notification telling you it’s been set to armed.

I have the delay set to 30 seconds, so when I arm the system I’ll get 1 notification telling me it’s been set to home or away.

I would like another notification telling me that’s it’s been successfully armed, just to get a confirmation notification.

1 Like

MOD NOTE: This feature launched. See Wyze app 2.40 Released - 3/8/2023 for more info.

2 Likes

Where would I find this feature??