HMS Sense Hub Offline - how to reset the connection?

First, if you would like to be able to apply any firmware updates, the hub needs to function in the app. Whether you fight with it now or later is the question. If you want to try to use your system I wouldn’t wait for a Wyze fix since they are notoriously slow to release any fixes.

I have paid for an annual subscription for HMS but keep it in perpetual Test mode because I don’t feel I can rely on the system. Also missing features make it feel unusable.

If I reboot my router, which I routinely do ‘bout once a month, the HMS hub throws “some kinda offline error”, which prevents it from wyrkin’. I considered adding a UPS to the router, but I’m not sure if that would provide any value.

I’m wyndering if Wyze could look into whyther they could make the HMS more flexible to edge-case anomalies.

TAGS- reboot power hiccup “kick the plug” flicker outage offline @UserCustomerGwen

1 Like

Thank you!!

I’ve been dealing with this issue for two weeks. I’m a single mom in a half-gentrified neighborhood, and not having an alarm made me kind of anxious. Support was not helpful - gave me the same troubleshooting steps to “reset” the device by pressing the button for 10s, followed by “Ah well, we’ve sent a message to our engineering team to address this on the next update” (which would not be of any use if I can’t connect the darn thing to update it…). No mention to delete the hub and reconnect everything. Pain in the butt, but at least it works now.

Let your support people know better troubleshooting steps!

Having same problems. Third time now I’ve had to do the delete hub and re-attach all sensors to the hub. When it goes offline, it disables the alarm obviously, but it doesn’t notify me that there is a problem with the hub being offline. It’s only when I try to use the system and nothing happens that I figure out it’s down. Probably going to have to go back to Simplisafe.

4 Likes

I am having a issue where the system disarms without human interaction. Nothing showing in the monitoring events to indicate it but the status has changed from I’m Away to Disarmed.

Not ready for market IMHO

I just did a routine reboot of my router. My HMS was set to “home” before the reboot, and, was also at “home” after the reboot completed.

I’m wonderin’ if Wyze made any changes to make this wyrk. Perhaps, the reboot was so quick that HMS didn’t notice that the router was temporarily offline.

Previously, I know from personal experience that my HMS would hiccup… causing me to do a #clunkyfix.

I finally got this to work. I didn’t want to reset the hub as i have approximately 20 devices connected to it. I tried all the steps below but nothing worked. When I would reconnect the hub as if it was a new device it would state that it was connected but I would never add a device as I didn’t want to go through that process. The app would then not show a new hub and it would not reconnect the old one. I then decided to bite the bullet and begin The arduous process of setting each device up again. So I went through the same process of connecting the hub as if it is the first time I’m setting it up (it was still showing in my app as disconnected), after it stated that it was connected I immediately connected a single device. And it was a miracle! Somehow connecting a single device reconnected all of the devices, I didn’t have to go connect each one again. Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

1 Like

@karma.desai is correct, but I’m adding a few details:

1. I deleted the hub from my Wyze app, but left all the other sensors/devices. The hub doesn’t store the device connections—they’re controlled by the app.
  2. I did a 10-second reset on the hub so that I could reinstall it with the app
  3. I went through the Add a new device process (Add Device> Sensors> Wyze Sense Hub)
  4. After the Hub was reinstalled, I added a single device from my long list to the Hub
  5. All the other devices/sensors were automatically reconnected

Not great, but better than adding ALL of those other devices. It’s also helpful to have a very simple device like a climate sensor close to the hub.