Heat Pump Wiring

I’m not sure I got this right, mostly because the app tells me two different ways to wire my system.
Here is how my old Sensi thermostat was wired.

Term----Wire
RC----blank
RH----Red
O/B----Orange
Y----Yellow
G----Green
W/E----White AND Black
C----Blue
L----blank
Y2----blank
W2----blank

Wyze however, had me wire as follows:
Term----Wire
Rc----Red
Y1----Yellow
Y2----blank
O/B----Orange
G----Green
Rh----blank
W1 ----White
W2----Blank
Asterisk----Black
C----Blue

Does this look right?
They switched Rh to Rc. That seems odd to me on a heat pump.
And changed up how White and Black wires are set.

Thoughts?

Wyze uses Rc to power itself and has an internal jumper to switch Rc to the heat options if needed. The wiring looks correct to me.

1 Like

Thanks Speadie. So this am, I’m paying attention to the operation of the unit. It’s about 30 degrees outside so I know Heat Pumps aren’t very efficient. When the unit kicks on, the air is cold and it takes about 15 minutes for it to even feel warm and for the temp to start to rise in the room. I should have paid attention to behavior prior to installing the new stat so that i could compare. Anyway, it takes about 20 minutes each time the unit kicks on to return the temp to the correct level. That just seems really excessive. I’ve heard the Emergency Heat doesn’t kick on until 20 minutes but I don’t think I’m hitting that. Something just doesn’t seem right. I don’t remember it taking this long every time it kicks on to get the temp up.

Go to advanced settings > swap hot and cold. If that makes it worse, swap it back and try swapping the white and black wires.

You might actually have 2 stages of heat there instead of just 2 different wires, so if it still doesn’t work right after that, try wire-nutting the white and black wire to a jumper and connect the jumper to W1. If this works, you’d probably want to add another jumper from that wirenut to *, so that you also have emergency heat.