Headphone's mute functionality does not work with Microsoft Teams on Windows

When using the Wyze headphones with MS Teams, the double tap activates Cortana rather than mute. Works as expected with iPhone. Is there a way to make the headphones work with Teams meetings like with an iPhone?

4 Likes

I think this would take some work and discussion between Microsoft and Wyze to gat that to work. The buttons and taps on the headphones seem to send a signal of sorts to the computer to do something and in this case the signal is getting mixed-up.
An example of this “signal mix-up” would be on a little Bluetooth speaker I have. The buttons for volume switch songs or videos when playing or do nothing and the button to take a call makes the volume go down.

2 Likes

This is a point of great frustration for me. I have the same issue as the OP but with Skype/GoTo/Teams/Zoom. I don’t know how the headphones got released without this functionality.

I’ve put in a support case about it and they’re RMA-ing, but now that I see other folks are having the same issue, I have 0 confidence that getting new hardware will fix this.

2 Likes

Any update? The mute function never seems to work, it seems odd that it would have any dependence on what app/program is running, as I’d expect the microphone to be disconnected inside the headphones, such that the audio data never makes it onto the Bluetooth connection at all.

1 Like

Also seeking the functionality to mute / unmute mic for teams calls on windows 10 with wyze headphones buttons and or double tap

1 Like

It also does not work for Google Meet. I use Teams primarily and also use Google Meet from time to time. Oddly on Windows, the mute button on my wired Plantronics headset works for Teams but not Google Meet. The Wyze doesn’t mute either Teams nor Meet.

I also had a plantronics wired USB headset with volume and mute controls, and mute always worked. I have a feeling it muted the microphone from within the hardware, not relying on the Operating System.

As I don’t use alexa/siri/google assistant… It would be ideal if the Wyze app could select functionality for the button press. I’d prefer the side button to ONLY function as mute/unmute from within the hardware. Making this a customizable function in the app would support my use case as well as the more AI interested (smart assistant) people.

1 Like

@Kimj, any ideas or input on this?

1 Like

This is one of the first things I noticed with these headphones (other than the mic not providing great sound quality in general) is that I cannot mute and unmute AT ALL in any of my conferencing apps. It only seems to work when I make a call from my cell phone. Webex, Microsoft Teams, Jabber, etc… just bring up the voice assistant or do nothing depending on my touch settings. This is a major bummer for me as I don’t want to trust app-level muting or want to only have mute control while sitting at the keyboard with the app up. I would much rather have the ability to change the double-tap gesture to be mute in ANY circumstance than have the voice assistant mapped to that (especially since I can still long-press the button for the voice assistant). Or even better have a single long-press on the touch pad would be great for muting in any circumstance rather than the current method of the headphones seeming to try to be context-aware.

2 Likes

Running into this myself, started using my wyze headphones for MS Teams calls and double tap tries to engage cortana instead of mute. Turned off cortana so now nothing happens when I double tap, but we definitely need a mute working on the headphones when walking around

2 Likes

Any update on this as I’d really love for this Mute feature to work on MS Teams conference calls.

2 Likes

Same issue here.

3 Likes

Has anyone from Wyze responded to this yet? I would also like this functionality within MS Teams

2 Likes

Count me in as one who would love to have this ability. I have a Jabra Evolve 75 headset with a “mute on mic boom lift” option that is just critical for me. I love that headset but at over $200, it’s not that practical for most, but my Wyze headphones are the only ones that come close to their dual connection option. I walk around while on conference calls and having that mute in Teams or on my phone via the Avaya OneX application on my PC would make these my preferred headset over my Jabra Evolve 75.

1 Like

The mute function seems to work during phone calls, but maybe it’s a function of the phone?
If I don’t have this function for online meetings, I will need to buy different headphones.
I hope the new ear buds have this already… cuz I bought them.

1 Like

I haven’t tried this during a normal phone call, but I’ve got a weekly pure-phone meeting that it would really help to have a touch-to-mute/unmute button on the headphones for.

I don’t use alexa/etc… I just want the side button to mute and unmute without change of the user interface.

1 Like

This. I need to be able to mute/unmute in Zoom/Teams/Google Meet meetings. There may as well be no mute feature at all if you can’t support meeting apps, both on mobile and desktop devices.

1 Like

Same, what’s the point of being untethered to wired headphones if you can’t unmute as you go get a drink?

1 Like

I have had these from the day they came out. My first pair didn’t have any issues muting with a double tap phone or computer. My last pair broke and the replacement now doesn’t mute when on computer meetings. Maybe this feature was broken with a firmware update. I have the latest firmware version.

I have the same issue. I hope the forum gets flooded until it’s fixed.