Headphone app issue with latest firmware update?

Hi, did you find a solution? I just got my headphones and I am having this issue with the app.

I have notā€“still waiting over here. :-1:

Yes, same here. After reluctantly granting location access i get the blank screen and inconsistent auto pause ear detection. Maybe the proximity sensor has gone awry?

I would recommend calling them.

Welcome, unfortunately I think it will take a firmware update. Not a great experience when just receiving your new headphones. :disappointed: Can you at least use them without the app? I can use mine without the app.

There is hopeā€¦I see a beta firmware is out there.

Thatā€™s good news, thanks. Yes, they are still functional and i am not sure i need the app but would like to have it available.

I just want an on-headphone mute microphone button, and I read somewhere that you can enable that with the app. I hope I wasnā€™t misled, because thatā€™s my #1 requirement in headphones.

I deleted my headphones from the app and now I get that same blank screen when I try to add them. How will it know to update the firmware?

I think its a problem with the wyze app

I updated the FW on my Headphones without issue. I was experiencing App going in the background. So I cleared Cache, logged out, Force Stopped and then went into the app again. Mine has been running without issue. Something to try.

I am running on an Android Phone, and with Beta FW and App

Hereā€™s a temporary solution that I just tried and it works. I suspected it was the app so I just uninstalled wyze and went back to a previous version.

I used the one dated 1-16. I didnā€™t try the newest one.

Iā€™m not sure how it works on Apple. This is for Android.

I thought about going back one version but since my headphones still work without the app, Iā€™ll wait for the next update.

Good news, just checked and the app is working for the headphones once again. :+1:

1 Like

Still not working for me. How has Wyze let this problem fester for so long?

Interesting, do you have the latest firmware? Not sure how and when mine got fixed but itā€™s working now.

Headphone firmeware is 2.1.112
Wyze app firmware is v2.17.41

Android phone.

My headphone app function is also working now. Just checked it

Thanks for the heads up! mine is now working also, i guess the firmware must auto update?

Glad to hear yours is working now too!

I guess it must be an auto firmware update? In the past I would get a notice that a new firmware is available then I could update.