Gutted by New Rule Engine?

Hi @Bam it’s better to provide this information, which will help our devs to locate the problem. Even though you deleted the rule, I think you can submit a log.

3 Likes

Oh I’ll definitely submit the log. I’ll give you every bit of information I can. Thank you yet again for your constant interaction trying to conquer issues like this. I know I speak on behalf of the @Mavens and @Mods having employees jump in here when they can is a huge help to the community let alone being as helpful and inquisitive as You are with things!

7 Likes

I have one ghost rule that has forever joined a V2 Cam and a Plug on person detection overnight. It has operated stably for 9 mos doing something I need done and I haven’t had any need to edit or disable it so I’ve just lived with this relatively ‘friendly’ ghost.

Passed on to @QiS the rule name (which appears on execution in Rules History.)

Also… I didn’t know this existed:

Account > Wyze Support > Log History

The number of the log I sent to support last November when inquiring about this is still there. 63484.

Also… I added a new rule to replace the ‘gutted’ one and named it similarly. It’s working.

I’ll leave the inoperative one in the list for now. Seems inert and why risk creating another ghost? :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if this is a naive request, ie, a probable ‘maybe later’ if wishlisted? If so, it would be interesting to hear why. :slight_smile:

Hi @peepeep you can only delete your rules one by one. Currently, we don’t have this feature.

Kind of a bureaucratic non-answer. Ok, I accept. :wink:

Thanks! I’ll let you know if my ghost no longer fires tonight. :raised_hands:

Great. We did batch processing yesterday night.

2 Likes

No evidence of the ghost in Rules History last night. Indications are good! :grin:

1 Like

Found another ‘gutted’ one. FWIW, they were both self-referential:

If Bulb X has been on 2 min
Shut off Bulb X

I do this with a Wyze Plug. It is used for a Garage Door - a Relay is attached to it. When I turn the plug on, the relay is powered and garage door opens, a second or so later the plug goes off. Been working fine. I was presented with the same box in the past and simply selected Proceed.

2 Likes

Hey spamoni, yeah, I have several of these and they’ve been working reliably for months. I’ve proceeded past the warning popup, too. :upside_down_face:

Just included it as a clarification of ‘self-referential’ - something both ‘gutted’ rules have in common… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @peepeep we look into your rule, it seems there is no loss of information. Could you provide this rule name?

1 Like

Hi @QiS , PM’d you the names of the two I’ve found. Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @peepeep we just released

• iOS: 2.24.21 (6)
  • Android: 2.24.12
    Could you try again to see whether this issue is solved?

Hi @QiS, I’m not a beta tester so no access to Android beta 2.24.12.

(I posted this topic under Ask the Community and a mod re-categorized it as Beta.)

If you like, PM me a link to an APK and I’ll give it a try. :slight_smile:

Would you like to enroll in the beta program?
You can join it through Account–>About–>Beta Program. Once we release the beta version, you’ll get the latest version from Play store for Android. For iOS, you need to install the TestFlight first. For more information about the Beta Program, you can find it on the Beta Program

2 Likes

Thanks for the invite, @QiS.

Beta = “looking for trouble.” Plenty enough finds me as it is. :wink:

Haha, that’s fine.
Once we launch the official version, I’ll let you know and you can verify it.

1 Like

Android app 2.24.23 installed and fix verified. Well done @QiS and team! :+1:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.