Gonna try a bag of rice

Same guy must have made this sign on Etsy

@themdg

The lens adjustment is critical. 1/4 turn either way is enough to blur the image. Don’t reassemble the camera until you adjust the lens.

I didn’t plan to reassemble my defective WOC and only took it apart out of curiosity. And ‘broke is broke’ so nothing lost if I physically break something taking it apart. Only broke two small tabs for the battery hold down.

The v3 lens appears to be the same style as the WOC lens.

A dot of adhesive on the threads keeps the adjustment set. Grab the outermost portion of the lens with a pliers and rotate it to break the bond. Some YouTube videos for the v3 (I found no videos online about disassembling the WOC so I had no idea what I was doing) recommend taking the lens completely apart to clean the adhesive from the threads. I didn’t unscrew the lens on the second and third v3 cameras because my gorilla arthritic hands cross threaded the first attempt. Simply rotating the lens in a few turns breaks the remaining adhesive loose. Make sure you have a good grip with the pliers. Tight enough so they don’t slip but not so tight you crush the lens.

The photos in an earlier post show the location of a screw waay down inside the camera body. Had to have my eagle eyed wife show me because my eyesight isn’t what it used to be.

Doesn’t seem like the kind of thing that would get by Jay Ward…

Spelled wrong. It should be YOU’RE.

Yore, actually. It’s a camera at a natural history museum.

1 Like

Clearly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If water got in … corrosion has entered the chat. No amount of silica will rid that.

1 Like

Per Dr Lickerman… :slight_smile:

Wow, all those end of line hyphenated word breaks are distracting. :wink:

1 Like

I ended up leaving it in the rice for a few more days. When I pulled it out, it was nice and clear. Whether the rice had anything to do with it, who can say…

3 Likes

Keep clicking the sticks.

1 Like