Friendly faces now on doorbell?

Did I miss an announcement or something? Today when I opened the account page in my app I now have the Friendly Faces option. So, I turned it on on my doorbell, and it let me! without trying to upsell me on cam protect (which I don’t need) and only my Cam Plus license. My other cameras however still try to upsell me, but this is huge if it’s now a Cam Plus option on my doorbell, even though it doesn’t seem to actually work?

2 Likes
5 Likes

I must have been seeing the pre-rollout stuff then. I couldn’t find it anywhere a few days ago. This is AWESOME!

4 Likes

Can someone explain to me is it doorbell supposed to recognize the people that you have populated and say their name or what’s it supposed to do with the friendly faces so far it hasn’t done anything so put people in the friendly face group.

You can get a notification on your phone when it recognizes someone’s face. And it will let you sort events by a face, but that’s it for now. They said they want to add more in 2024.

2 Likes

I’ve got cam plus unlimited, I have friendly faces turned on in my settings (Doorbell) and have events recorded…

The app shows person but not SOMEBODY and I am unable to find the edit button.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @jeffjangell! :raising_hand_man:

Have you set up your Friendly Faces settings and trained it to a captured image?

I am wondering if the person in the video wasn’t clear enough to identify a face.

2 Likes

Tried one with my face right in front of camera.

Notifications work fine but no “someone” in the event record and no edit button anywhere.

1 Like

As far as I know I have done what is needed.

1 Like
  • Go to the account tab on the bottom right.
  • Select Friendly Faces
  • See if any faces have started showing up in there. If so, select the thumbnail image then you will see Edit on the top right, then Add Name to make a person profile.

If you’re not seeing it there, then it is something they should be working on. It’s listed as a Fix-it-Friday priority to get it all working for everyone. They said there are ways to help them with it:

3 Likes

No friendly faces…:pensive:

Which doorbell do you have? I want you to have this feature, it’s amazing.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s freaking great. Stoked we were able to bring this to you all.

4 Likes

It’s a basic wired version.

Lots of “person” but no somebody.

You might have to turn off person detection to get a notification about Facial Recognition, give that a try.

So this?

2 Likes

Yep.

Unfortunately no change. Delivery today and I would have thought it would have given me the somebody option but remains as person.

You are getting person notifications after turning off person detection? That is shocking.

1 Like