Font/icon color and size in the app (readability)

As others have noted, the Wyze app needs better font contrast and/or a dark mode, but those posts have either not been seen by Wyze programmers, or the title of those threads doesn’t draw attention to the readability problem.

The main way this affects me is in the delete-events dialog, and Rules icon text. For example, I have two Rules icons for turning all cams ON and OFF, but I mainly depend on memorizing the icon GUI locations because the text is hard to read, even in upper case. If I had more Rules it would take further memorization or hard staring.

Changing the font color to dark green or black seems like something that could be done in a day. Adding different font modes would obviously take longer.

Are Wyze programmers perhaps under 40 and don’t consider older eyes with weaker contrast discrimination? Glasses don’t help much with contrast. Surely a company that emphasizes user-friendliness has had a meeting or two about this? Thanks for any action.

1 Like

This thread is now over a year old. I am a software developer. Changing colors is not rock science. I have stopped recommending Wyze because they to not listen to their customers.

1 Like

In that new post, I tried to create a new thread with a title more focused on the font problem, yet it was moved back here. I think you’re onto something. Pass-agg Seattle types, maybe. A particular designer’s ego might be involved and we know how that goes in companies!

If best usability is a 10, I’d say the font color issue takes it down to a 6. But their systems are still good (and cheap) enough for me to cope with that if nothing changes.

Changing colors in code is not rocket science… changing “corporate branding” is a pain in the butt.

Given I have 34 Wyze products, my home screen scrolling is getting ridiculous. There’s a lot of wasted space on the home screen, it would be nice to change the font to an option like “tiny” and shrink or bunch the devices more together.

The home screen is not on topic with the rest of this thread. Please consider starting a new thread with your suggestion.

Hi @steve58. I merged @johnathansorensen’s request with this thread. :slight_smile:

It has nothing to do with the rest of the thread. Please put it in it’s own thread.

I was forced to update my app to install the outdoor cam. Now the event notifications are no longer bold. They are light grey and white. Can’t wait till the current crop of programmers get older.

1 Like

On a smartphone, the night mode icons are so small and each mode’s icon is almost indistinguishable at such a small size.

In addition, using the Wyze green/blue them color on a white background makes it that much harder to discern what the current mode is.

I’m sure simpler clearer icons can be created.

It is very simple to correct this. Given this thread has been open so long, it is my understanding the Wyze does not care about their customers.

Improve app readability via:

• greater contrast (the Wyze turquoise text isn’t contrasted enough with a white background)
  • increased font size (at least provide an option)
  • fully colored buttons when On (green) and Off (grey)
1 Like

Could the date stamp for the Wyze Lock be solid black or darker color than the present text color?

1 Like

Three things need improvement:

1. Make the font bigger on things like device names. There is plenty of wasted space.
  2. Improve the text to background contrast. The Wyze turquoise color is not contrasted enough with a white background, especially with small, non-bold fonts.
  3. Fully color buttons. Ones that are On should be totally green. Ones that are Off should be grey. The current pale turquoise word “Off” is illegible, at least to many of your users.

PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING.

3 Likes

On my Android phone they are solid green (in the camera preview windows) so I don’t see that as a problem. Does it look different on different devices?

OFTEN hard to use the app, icons and controls are tiny and often don’t appear clearly. Things can be larger for sure - there is often a lot of blank real estate on screen with a few tiny icons.

2 Likes

Please make the displayed characters for the rule shortcuts display more. It’s hard to tell which shortcut does what, when you start adding a bunch. Not enough space to be descriptive. Maybe some icon choices. Thanks

2 Likes

This would be a nice wishlist to be fixed.
The date on the Lock device is too light.
Can you read it?

1 Like

Agree - my shortcuts almost all say the same thing as there is no way to see the entire text. The icon could be smaller and support more text

2 Likes

App UI - need better distinction between On/Off states in the “More” popup menu

I use the Wyze iPhone app, currently rev 2.27.34 (6). I find it very difficult to distinguish between the On and Off states of the features controlled with the “More” popup menu. The state change of the control icons is subtle, oh so subtle. Please change the controls so there is an easily seen difference between On and Off states, not just a line thickness or line color change. Perhaps filled versus hollow icons? Thanks, RE.

[Mod Edit] This request was merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along! It is tagged as “researching” so some thinking is being put forth into this. Follow the thread for future updates!