Font/icon color and size in the app (readability)

I too am always squinting at the IR font. The moon needn’t take up so much space if it’s a limited size icon zone. It can be faster to just use the gear menu and know what you’re seeing; Auto - On - Off.

1 Like

IT’S BEEN THREE YEARS. This app definitely needs to be more accommodating for those of us with vision issues. The size is MUCH too small for me to see what I’m doing, and there’s no ability to zoom. It looks like this has been an ask for a while. If you can’t develop it yourselves, there are plenty of in-app ADA compliant widgets that you can put in.

1 Like

You could hardly see when the date of event on the Wyze Lock view.
How hard is it to change the font color in the app?

1 Like

White text on a white background

When I go to the time lapse videos and click the download button I struggle to see the results. I can barely see the download button. Using white text on a white background is the reason. If you you simply change the text to black or make the background darker it would fix the problem.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

Is the background of the app white, or is the background of the area in the camera view white so it’s hard to see the download icon? I merged it with this existing wish list topic to increase readability of icons and words in the app. Can you please reply with a picture or screenshot of your page that shows the white and white? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I know this was directed to another user, but here’s a screenshot from my phone. The icon bar on my screen is 3/8" high so the font size is already unreadable. Add to that the lack of contrast and I just end up pushing buttons until I find one that does what I want it to. Also consider that the screenshot is always going to be sharper than looking at it through glass. The buttons at the top are also small, but are much more visible than the ones at the bottom.

1 Like

Yes, the Wyze color scheme is and always has been terrible. They obviously have no interest in fixing it.

4 Likes

It is ridiculous that the screen readability by adjusting the light-on-light colors and dark mode were never implemented after all these years. :thinking:

2 Likes

Low Vision App Background

The app needs a feature to change to a larger, darker font or change the app background to a black with white font.

I have low vision and reading the current app is difficult if not impossible.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

4 Likes

Timelapse Text in the App

I was doing my first time lapse the other day and then after downloading I noticed that for these OLD EYES it would make more since if the text was BLACK so that its easier to read.
Screenshot attached.

3 Likes

Colorblind accessibility

Hi. I’m red-green colorblind and thus have trouble being able to tell if motion tagging or motion tracking is enabled. Can you use words like on or off or add some color accessibility options to the gui in future? Thank you!

1 Like

I am also, but not as severe. I can make out where the tracking is, but it does not look green to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Colors for rule icons for low vision users

I have low vision and have trouble recognizing the lock and unlock rules for my Wyze Lock. Consider using colors for the rules consistent with the colors used for lock and unlock in the main interface for a single lock (green/brown). Alternatively, let me select the icon color for each rule

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t hold your breath. I have a physical disability that makes viewing the Wyze app in portrait mode on my iPad extremely difficult. Many of us have been waiting for app-wide landscape mode (on tablets) to be implemented for well over two years now. The issue has been raised repeatedly and received hundreds of votes, yet crickets from Wyze. So very disappointing.

1 Like

Let’s face it, the Wyze color scheme is horrible. Maybe it works for 25 year olds, but not for older people.

3 Likes

App settings for visually impaired

Add brightness/contrast/ color options in the app for those with visual impairment. The standard muted green is difficult to see. Here’s the biggest struggle, to see the difference between which devices are on and what is off. So add some color to the status indicator buttons (on is green, off is red) and remove the words. Or possibly split the screen, with the top half being devices the are on, and bottom half obviously being devices that are off. See example of complaint here… https://photos.app.goo.gl/H6zGgjb6Z2ZHU9A26

1 Like

Change camera time lapse font color

When a time lapse event is saved, it shows up the camera album as a light grey icon. When I want to download and view the file, the camera uses a WHITE font to show the file size and percentage downloaded. It is almost impossible to see the White font on the gray icon.

Please change the icon color!!!

2 Likes

Yes, the Wyze color scheme is horrible. May it works OK for 25 year olds, but not worth a damn for us older folks - I’m 63. A change to the color scheme has been request MANY times and it is obvious that Wyze has ZERO interest in improving it.

2 Likes

Colors are really bad if you are color blind. I can not tell if options are on or off! :frowning:

2 Likes

watch 47; heart rate graph readings are too small to read. critical to afib user