Font/icon color and size in the app (readability)

Font is too small on mobile phone. It’s too hard to read. Please double the default font size or allow font size to be adjusted.

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen, I too have an issue with the small text size, especially in the store section. My Android text size settings are already maxed out, but your app does not respect those settings. Please take this issue seriously as an Accessibility issue. If I can’t read the text on my phone (Pixel XL) then it makes no difference what content you have in the app.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, @Olivery. I have moved your comment to the #wishlist topic dealing with your concern. You can vote for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, @flatlinebb, I’ll share it with the team.

1 Like

IOS WYZE app with white text on light blue / cyan background is a low contrast screen and very difficult to read. Is there any way can have user customized text color and background color for higher contrast / easier reading? Even white text on black background would help in the short term while you figure out your UI for easier usage.

2 Likes

I know this is a silly request but is it possible to rethink the icon color for iOS? Wyze, nest and harmony are all similar in color.

1 Like

This is my only and main issue with the App. It is so hard to see and read things with the colour used for text.

2 Likes

Is there a way you can switch the white text for a darker color?

Personally I find it difficult to read by being on a light background and with the text so small.

Thanks for any consideration.

I contacted support about readability issues. I was directed to this thread. I see that the thread is 8 months old at the moment. I do not understand why WYZE can spend so much time on person detection and they have ignored the fact that there are items in the app that are difficult to see. Most people will not take the time to provide feedback. Thank you to all that have posted to this thread. The solution to the problem is simple. WYZE - why are you so unresponsive? Is everyone that tests the app young with great eyesight?

2 Likes

The status tag on this topic is “Researching”, which means Wyze has this on their radar. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Readability on the app, either Android phone or iPad, is a problem for myself and several people who I recommended buy a Wyze camera. This should be a simple fix for Wyze, provide an option to change font color and size. Looks like I need to stop recommending and/or buying from Wyze.

1 Like

finch59,
I could not agree more. If they really cared about their customers the app would have never been released the way it is. It is very simple and quick to change. They are ignoring the requests of the users.

1 Like

I am not sure if my issue would fall under this topic or not. :thinking:

I noticed in playback mode that the clock on the bottom right is overlaid with other text which makes the clock nearly unreadable.

Menu - Options

-I noticed that wyze cam app on my IOS is really good but only white and grey color - or none color.

I suggested to add toggle switch on/off with color to signify the option had been turn on or off? this also bring out the important of the interaction had been confirmed or still need to be select.

Based on experience with Nest, Amazon cloud, Amcrest, Wyze and Qsee and many more. I noticed Wyze is lack of color in their website or app. Is your theme light blue or grey is that why you stick with the same color with the app?

:slight_smile:
Thanks,

John,

1 Like

The color scheme in the iphone app is not conducive to easy reading. I cannot read some of the icons. I also find it hard to see what menu choices I have because the color scheme is aqua on white. Horrible. Can you please make it black on white?

2 Likes

Same on Android.

Hi there - I absolutely love your cameras (have 4 so far) and the company history - My ONLY complaint is that the WYZE app on my iphone is almost impossible to read text. A light green color on a white background does not work with my eyes. Is there any way to have darker text so I can read menu choices, etc?? Thanks and keep up the great work - Charlie

2 Likes

This has been brought up repeatedly, thanks for doing so again. Like you, I have a terrible time reading the text in the app, given the almost complete lack of contrast. Love the cameras I own, and the app functionality as well, but the color scheme and lack of app-wide landscape support for my iPad is very disappointing. Unsure if they’ll ever do anything about the colors, given how embedded they are in the branding now.

It doesn’t look promising. :nerd_face:

Not at all silly. The light green font on a white background (e.g. for deleting events) makes no sense for readability.

The app (Android in my case) should allow different color schemes, or dark green or black text as the default, The current colors may be acceptable to younger people with better eyesight, but contrast-detection declines beyond age 40 or so, along with close focus.

1 Like