Floodlight camera replaceable?

I have a couple of the Floodlights around my house, and one of them has failed in such a way that I believe the camera died. The moment you power up the floodlight, the speaker starts making crackling, popping and buzzing noises. The reset button on the camera is non-responsive.

Is there a way to simply replace the camera? The unit is now out of warranty, and while it’s not a big deal to buy a new unit, the mounting position is difficult and a camera swap would be a lot easier to manage.

Welcome to the Wyze Forum @andykeck.

Yes, you can replace the camera on the Wyze Flood light.
There is a screw under the camera on the base, unscrew that and remove the camera. Then pull the pigtail out of the floodlight (it takes a little force). Once removed you can add a new V3 to it and setup teh camera new with accessory. (Only the V3 works with the Wyze Flood light, as the Floodlight is an accessory to the V3 camera).

I took pictures in this thread for something unrelated, but you will get an idea of how the camera comes off with this pics.

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks! That’s what I had hoped based on looking at the floodlight unit when installing it, then when it died on me.

1 Like

I had to switch out my V3 when I got the Wyze Flood light as it did not work. Unfortunately the screw dropped when I removed the Cam. I did swap out the V3 and it did work but I still need to get the screw instead of using 2 sided tape. What is the screw size to attach the Wyze Cam to the Flood light?

2 Likes

Anyone try this with v4?

I’m asking the same thing. @mfisher224

Cam v4 is not compatible with Cam Floodlight v1: