Fix-It Friday 9/1/2023

Not entirely true. IDK what IDK.

I surmise. :slight_smile:

So the answer to this…

…is ‘Not that well. We try to, but it’s not practically possible.’

1 Like

Yes, normal programmers use version control so you know you are building on the most recent released version not one that still has a bug that was squashed last week.

1 Like

So, charitably:

and critically:

with doubt’s benefit:

disclose?

:frog: License granted Dec 15 2018

@angus.black

Sorry been on PTO and just getting caught up on everything. If you are still experiencing this issue can you submit a log and give me the log number and also give me a screenshot showing it and I will get it to the team ASAP.

3 Likes

Hi Jason

I sent a PM with the info.

Thanks

3 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ I’m still seeing the inability to filter CamPlus events. It’s now been almost 2 months and am on 2.45.6 Android

@fred2028
We are still working on fixing this.

2 Likes

Hi, friends!

It’s our last week in September and time to wrap up the month. Please take some time to start thinking about the bugs that you would like to report for October’s batch of Fix-It Friday issues! We’re looking forward to hearing your thoughts. But for now, we have a batch of updates for you!

:straight_ruler: Forum - ‘Content type is error’ message when trying to create Rules :straight_ruler:

We haven’t been hearing back about this issue. If we don’t have info by next week, we’ll remove this from the update list. If you are affected by this, may we please have app logs? We’d like to look into it. Here are the instructions:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply to me so I can get it to the right folks.

:grimacing: Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering :grimacing:

We’re still looking for logs and screen recordings for this one! If you’re experiencing this, could you please provide that documentation? Here are the log instructions:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply to me so I can get it to the right folks.

:red_circle: Forum - Wyze Cam v3 Pro status light is not working properly, light will turn on when motion is detected but not recording and according to documentation it is only supposed to turn red when recording :red_circle:

We’re still in the middle of QA testing this fix. If it continues to go well, we’ll start beta testing this fix next week.

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

:unamused: Forum - Wyze Cam v2 Detection Zone reverted to a box instead of a grid :unamused:

We put a fix for this on the cloud side! But we’ve heard that there are still folks experiencing this problem. If you are one, please show us a screenshot and give us a log for this issue. We’re trying to track it down!

:see_no_evil: Core - Error 3001 is happening on cameras such as Wyze Cam v2 :see_no_evil:

The 9.2351 firmware should now be available to everyone! Are you still having 3001 trouble with the update? Please let us know! Otherwise, we’ll remove this entry from our list next week.

:house: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position :house:

As a reminder from our update last week, the firmware we were hoping to release does not meet our expectations, so this is on pause again. We’re discussing these issues and will provide an updated timeline later when we have more information. We appreciate your patience.

:no_entry_sign: Core - Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable :no_entry_sign:

We began a gradual release for firmware that helps with this! Please keep an eye out for firmware 4.36.11.5859. For those using the firmware already, has it helped?

:face_with_monocle: Core - Playback stutters when selected for the first few seconds of Playback from the microSD card :face_with_monocle:

The gradual release of firmware 4.36.11.5859 also should resolve this problem! Please let us know how it performs when you receive it.

:floppy_disk: Forum - Wyze Cam v3 microSD card Playback is skipping the first minute of every hour (excluding midnight) :floppy_disk:

This issue is also addressed in firmware 4.36.11.5859! For people with the update, is it doing well for you?

:clock4: Discord - Camera time and notification time do not match :clock4:

We believe we’ve identified the root cause of this. In the meantime, please try manually changing your cell phone’s time zone to a different one, leave it in the other time zone for 5 - 10 minutes, and then change it back. We’ve heard back from customers that this workaround has helped with this problem. If this hasn’t worked for you, please let us know!

:angry: Facebook - Cam Plus subscribers unable to filter Events :angry:

We’re working on changes to the app that will take place in an update that is in the works. That should help with this! In the meantime, we’ll continue to seek solutions for this problem.

:cloud_with_rain: Forum - Wyze Sprinkler Controller schedule skipping days :cloud_with_rain:

Looks like we still can’t reproduce this issue. But we’ll keep an eye out for other ideas and feedback for a while longer.

:cam_v3: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :cam_v3:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA! At this point, we’re still checking on the submitted logs.

Thanks, everyone! We’ll see you next week for the Fix-It Friday October callout. We hope you get some apple cider or something equally seasonal and delicious this weekend!

4 Likes

Hey Jason

Done and PM’d to you. Thanks.

2 Likes

Just an FYI.

Not yet offered to me. Not experiencing 3001 errors.

Same. All of my V2 cameras are on 4.9.9.1851. I don’t get many 3001 errors.

1 Like

Successfully updated affected cam to new v2 firmware 4.9.9.2351 today.

Then toggled Detection Zone off. Power-cycled cam. Toggled Zone on. No change, still the box vs grid.

3 Likes

We are still looking into why it has not been fixed for everyone.

1 Like

Happy October!

It’s time for spooky season. And what’s more scary than bugs? So please make sure that you pop over to the bug callout to vote for the submissions you want to see added to our list! Speaking of our list…

:grimacing: Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering :grimacing:

We’re still looking for logs and screen recordings for this one! If you’re experiencing this, could you please provide that documentation? Here are the log instructions:

:red_circle: Forum - Wyze Cam v3 Pro status light is not working properly, light will turn on when motion is detected but not recording and according to documentation it is only supposed to turn red when recording :red_circle:

We had some QA folks out last week, so the test hasn’t concluded yet. We’ll hopefully start the beta next week.

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

:see_no_evil: Core - Error 3001 is happening on cameras such as Wyze Cam v2 :see_no_evil:

The 9.2351 firmware should now be available to everyone! Are you still having 3001 trouble with the update? Please let us know! Otherwise, we’ll remove this entry from our list next week.

:no_entry_sign: Core - Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable :no_entry_sign:

This firmware is now available to everyone. Are you experiencing this problem even after the update? Please let us know! Otherwise, this section will be removed from future updates.

:face_with_monocle: Core - Playback stutters when selected for the first few seconds of Playback from the microSD card :face_with_monocle:

You should have the firmware that fixes this now! Are you still seeing this issue? If so, please let us know! We’ll stop posting updates for this submission next week if we don’t hear anything back.

:floppy_disk: Forum - Wyze Cam v3 microSD card Playback is skipping the first minute of every hour (excluding midnight) :floppy_disk:

The update that fixes this went out to everyone last week. Do you still experience this problem? If so, please tell us! We’ll stop including this update next week unless we get reports of this problem continuing on the new firmware.

:cloud_with_rain: Forum - Wyze Sprinkler Controller schedule skipping days :cloud_with_rain:

We’re sorry, folks. This isn’t an issue that we’ve been able to reproduce or solve. We’re going to remove it from the update list. But if we find a solution later, we’ll make sure to let you know!

:angry: Facebook - Cam Plus subscribers unable to filter Events :angry:

Are folks continuing to run into this problem? If so, please tell us! We’re having trouble reproducing it from our end after changes were made earlier. We could use your help solving this if you’re experiencing it!

:unamused: Forum - Wyze Cam v2 Detection Zone reverted to a box instead of a grid :unamused:

We’ve heard that there are still folks experiencing this problem even after our fixes. If you are one of those people, please show us a screenshot and give us a log for this issue. We’re trying to track it down!

:house: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position :house:

We are still working on algorithm modification and testing. We’re going to check on the results soon. If the results are good, we hope to release the new firmware to beta later this month. If the results are not reaching our bar, we’re going to escalate this issue even further with the teams working on this problem. We appreciate your patience as we’ve worked on this stubborn problem and have been hearing your feedback.

:clock4: Discord - Camera time and notification time do not match :clock4:

We believe we’ve identified the root cause of this. In the meantime, please try manually changing your cell phone’s time zone to a different one, leave it in the other time zone for 5 - 10 minutes, and then change it back. We’ve heard back from customers that this workaround has helped with this problem. If this hasn’t worked for you, please let us know!

:cam_v3: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :cam_v3:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA! At this point, we’re still checking on the submitted logs.

Thank you for your attention! We look forward to sharing our new batch of October submissions next week. Don’t forget to vote on our bug callout this weekend!

Watch for the October call out for new issues coming later today!

4 Likes

I am still experiencing the cam plus filter bug. What information can I provide to help?

If you have not already done so please send in a log and let me know the log number.

My most recent log was from two days ago, the log ID is 1193931

I am on Android 13 running on a Pixel 7

I’m not sure if this will be helpful or not, but I did try the cam protect free trial and it resolved the issue while active. I was able to use the filters on all cameras normally from the event page. I only had one camera subscribed to the cam protect service.

3 Likes

Here is the link to the October callout!

3 Likes