Fix-It Friday 4/1/22

Thanks for the info, I didn’t see that change. Good call on changing it to a longer time frame. Perhaps they should change the name to something to reflect the procedural change. “Fix-It Monthly…on the 1st Friday”… ok… maybe not that…

SJ

3 Likes

I like “Git 'er done and fix it already”. :grin:

2 Likes

I have had notification problem since day one. So much so, I have another system now because WYZE is so unreliable. I am no interested in giving all info again to resolve my problem because I am DONE. But you may want to pay attention to the issue before others ditch the system.

1 Like

They must’ve read this… for the first time ever last night… I had a Person Detection rule run from my VDBPro!

3 Likes

I confirm. I just went and tested the person detection rule triggers with the VDBPro and everything is now working after our clear descriptions of the issue. It now executes and shows up in the Rules history and everything just like it should (but wasn’t doing so before).

Good job reporting this issue Earl. Another great example of something being reported in the Fix-It-Friday getting looked at and fixed even if it isn’t the #1 voted on item that receives the official public response. :slight_smile:

This is why I tell people to report things even if it’s not going to be the number 1 voted item. They have often looked at and resolved other submissions in the past too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can confirm! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi, folks!

Welcome to our Fix-It Friday follow-up! We have some progress from last week though we’re still waiting for info to chase some of these reported issues.

Here’s your weekly update:

Core - services.wyze.com login doesn’t work on iPhone or Safari on Mac. The login link doesn’t take you to the login page

We’re still looking for information for this one! If you’re experiencing this, please post with answers for the questions below:

Could you please give us more information about this one? We informed the team about this but we’d like to know things like where you’re accessing the page from, where you are finding the login link that doesn’t take you to the login page, and where you find yourself after logging in.

If we don’t hear back on this one this week, we’ll be removing this from the update list.

Core - Volume on Wyze Cam v3 Events is extremely low

We have confirmed that Wyze Cam v3 Events do have slightly lower volume than Wyze Cam v2 in tests and we’re working on optimizations for this. Thanks again for the report! If you think that your audio is extremely different between these devices, could you please let us know what your use cases are for these? Our results indicate that they are different though pretty close so we want to make sure we don’t miss anything as we work on the improvements.

Forum - When using Wyze Sense Motion Sensor, the Wyze Sense Hub, and routines with Alexa, “clear for X time” does not execute a trigger

We’re still looking into this one! If you are affected, please follow the instructions below:

For this one, we would love to have a log and hub firmware version so we can look into it. Please recreate the issue and then send in a log that includes the date, time, and time zone of the trigger failure as well as a detailed description of your routine and which parts worked versus didn’t work. Please post the log number here when you have it so we can send it to the team!

Reddit - After a modem/router reboot, devices like Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Video Doorbell don’t reconnect on their own for days when other devices perform as expected

We’re expecting the larger firmware redesign for Wyze Cam v3 to come out near the end of June. The fix for this issue will be part of it.

Discord - AI detection is identifying still objects in-frame when regular motion is detected

We’re going to remove this from our updates because we’re working on moving object detection but it will take a long time to get going between the design and the implementation. We want to carefully design this feature so we don’t accidentally impact users who would like to keep vehicle notifications for parked vehicles. In a future release, we’ll also be providing the option to turn on and off notifications for specific object detection like vehicles. Here’s the blurb from last week in case you missed it:

We are already working on moving object detection! But this is a very large undertaking that will take place over the coming months. We’ll provide updates when we have them. In the meantime, you may want to try using motion detection zones to narrow the detection area or turn off a specific AI detection type if you want to reduce your unwanted notifications.

Discord - Slow Alexa announcement of Person Detected from outdoor cameras

No updates for this yet! The team has been informed and we’re working on it. In the meantime, could you please tell us how long your notifications through Alexa are delayed compared to the timestamp of the Event?

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Wyze Sense Hub firmware 4.32.8.213 causes issues with Rules and notifications or frequent rebooting

We’re hoping to get back some Wyze Sense Hubs that are running into this issue. If you are running into frequent rebooting and are willing to send your hub back for analysis (with a replacement), please reach out to our support team and post your support ticket number here. We’re taking this seriously but need your help to fix it! We’ll keep working on things from our end.

support.wyze.com

Wizard chat ends when navigating to the main app page

We’re still aiming to test SMS support either this month or next. Our support volumes are still higher than usual so it’s possible that the mid-April timeline will slip. We’ll make sure you’re in the loop about this, though.

Wyze Plug 2021 (Certified For Humans) version going offline

We have a fix being tested in beta and we are going through the feedback. If needed, we’ll test another beta version before releasing this to the public.

And that does it for this week! Please make sure to post information about any of the entries that we’re hunting down. It really makes a difference as we chase these bugs when we have you helping out. There are cases where you’re able to recreate an issue but we have trouble doing so from our side.

Thank you for your time and have a great week! :heart:

P.S. Did you miss the emojis? Did they add something last time? Let me know or you’ll be subject to my emoji whims! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

That’s awesome, you should include a few examples like this in some future reports of some of these non #1 voted submissions that still got fixed as a result from Fix it friday to help people know they shouldn’t be discouraged if their submission isn’t picked. Lots of other things are reviewed and fixed too even if not publicly addressed! That’s very encouraging for participation. :smiley: This is pretty awesome. Glad to get some confirmation so I feel good continuing to encourage participation on this basis. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As requested:

Wyze Sense Hub
FW 4.32.8.213
Plugin 2.5.0.73
Log 538356

Wyze Sense Motion Sensor V2
FW 0.0.0.23
Plugin 2.4.1.25
Log 538351

Alexa Routine: Motion on Wyze Sense Motion Sensor V2 triggers GE Cync Smart Switch to ON

Motion detected at 8:39 pm EDT, GE Cync Smart Switch successfully triggered ON

Alexa Routine: GE Cync Smart Switch triggered OFF after 3 minutes of NO Motion on Wyze Sense Motion Sensor V2

Light remained on until manually switched off 20 minutes later.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Today Thursday, all a sudden
No thumbnail in event page but in sd card.
No notitications

Can it b fixed by Friday

@cf7
When you look in your events page do you have no thumbnails at all or are you missing a few that show up on the SD card

1 Like

Missing all Events in Thumbnail Page.
Not a single notifications.

Yes, Events ( like I stand infront of camera ) can be found in SD card but not in Thumbnail page.

While typing this reply, Detection and notifications working again.

thanks letting Wyze team know. Yes, it is fixed again on Friday.:smile:

Key Question,

What had happened?
What cause the issue?
How to prevent such problem ever happen again?

If Wyze can fix this, a lot less frustration.

Another Update 48hrs later of good working status.

Not Events in Thumbnail page again.

Wyze products are just unstable

Any attempt I make to change the connection for the hub, from Wi-Fi to ethernet or vice versa, or changing the Wi-Fi network, results in all of my sensors losing connection to the hub. The hub still appears to be connected but none of the sensors are connected to it. Also, if I re-add the hub, with or without changing the internet connection first, it also loses all connection with the sensors. So then, I have to go and manually re-add all of my sensors to the hub. This way, they appear to reconnect and stay connected and I don’t have to mess with my rules at all. However, I’m afraid I may have to fully delete the hub and then re-add it. Last time I tried that, many of my rules were also deleted which included anything to do with the sensors that were connected to the hub. So I’m saving that as a last resort. I’m also wondering if I need to reset the Wyze Home Monitoring, if that makes any difference with this.

So, there’s an issue with reconnecting to the sensors after making any change to the internet connection to the hub, or re-adding the hub. Also, the settings for the hub does not show all of the connected sensors. When you pull to refresh, it just spins and continues to show the same sensors which does not include all of my sensors that are connected to the hub. This is quite annoying. Also, I already tried to submit a log, and for some reason I’m not able to. It gets to the last page but when I hit the submit button nothing happens. I’m not sure why this has to be so difficult. Can you please fix it. Also, I think I read somewhere that you were sending replacement hubs to people so they could send back theirs to figure out what is going on. I would be willing to do that if necessary to get this fixed. Thank you.

UPDATE…

After re-reading some posts, I decided to try toggling the home monitoring service from disarmed to home and back to disarmed. I did this a couple of times. I did It once from the keypad and once in the app. Then, after that I noticed that all of my sensors were reconnected to the hub and their status was showing correctly in the app. This was after I did a soft reset, so none of my sensors were connected because of the firmware bug or whatever. But it seems that toggling the monitoring service reconnected the sensors. So the bug must have something to do with the connection to the home monitoring service. Things seem to be working correctly now with the sensors and the rules. But I’m still not able to see all of the sensors under the settings for the hub. It just shows the first ones and then when you try to scroll down you just get a refresh circle but after refreshing, it still doesn’t show the other sensors. I’m not sure what all this means, but I thought it might be helpful for someone. Hopefully they get this fixed soon! If they fix it with a firmware update I’ll want to try it right away to see if the problem is fixed, but I’ll also be a little nervous based on what the last firmware updates have done. We’ll see I guess. I’m also still not sure why I can’t submit a log. I’m unable to submit it for the hub or for anything else. The submit button does not seem to work.

I figured it out. I didn’t realize you had to type in details. I just referenced these posts in those details. And I submitted the log. Log ID: 546883

3 Likes

Hi, everyone!

We’re here today with another Fix-It Friday follow-up! We’re bringing out a couple of older reports because we have updates about them. Read on for your weekly update.

Core - Volume on Wyze Cam v3 Events is extremely low

Our long-term goal is to make the volume for Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam v3 the same but we aren’t able to fully tackle that yet due to a larger effort to rework the firmware (mentioned in last week’s update when referencing the reconnection issue). We aim to take another look at this after that. For now, we’re going to remove this from the update list and we’ll revisit it later.

Forum - When using Wyze Sense Motion Sensor, the Wyze Sense Hub, and routines with Alexa, “clear for X time” does not execute a trigger

We’re wondering if this is part of the hub firmware issues and we’re working with multiple teams internally to look into it. But for now, here’s the information request from last week. This issue is really hard to track down without info from our community, so please help us out!

For this one, we would love to have a log and hub firmware version so we can look into it. Please recreate the issue and then send in a log that includes the date, time, and time zone of the trigger failure as well as a detailed description of your routine and which parts worked versus didn’t work. Please post the log number here when you have it so we can send it to the team!

Discord - Slow Alexa announcement of Person Detected from outdoor cameras

We need some logs for this one. It’s possible that this was due to server demand at the time and then there was an automatic recovery afterward. We’ll need to verify using timestamps. If this happens, please send in a log with the date, time, and time zone from the timestamp of your Event video and then the actual time that your notification from Alexa came through! Then post the log number here so we can scoop it up. Logs can be submitted through Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Make sure you select Wyze Cam Outdoor from the list of affected devices so we get the correct log!

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Wyze Sense Hub firmware 4.32.8.213 causes issues with Rules and notifications or frequent rebooting

We’re looking into if the Rules and notification issues are due to a cloud issue instead of firmware. Though right now, we’re prioritizing the work on the sensors not pairing and frequent reboot issues. We’re hearing that deleting the hub and adding it as a new device is fixing the reboot problem for some folks. If you’re one of the people impacted by this, you may want to give that a shot!

Here’s the update from last week about the reboot problem:

We’re hoping to get back some Wyze Sense Hubs that are running into this issue. If you are running into frequent rebooting and are willing to send your hub back for analysis (with a replacement), please reach out to our support team and post your support ticket number here. We’re taking this seriously but need your help to fix it! We’ll keep working on things from our end.

support.wyze.com

Wizard chat ends when navigating to the main app page

We’re going to start testing SMS support this week in times with decreased support volume. For the chat issue itself, we started testing a method that allows for asynchronous chat and that should keep it open in the background even if the client is closed. If these tests go well, we can have both changes up and running next week. But we may need some more adjustment time. We’ll keep you posted!

Wyze Plug 2021 (Certified For Humans) version going offline

No update for this one compared to last week! Here’s the information from the last update:

We have a fix being tested in beta and we are going through the feedback. If needed, we’ll test another beta version before releasing this to the public.

Wyze Sense Hub volume is lower than it used to be

We have a firmware update in beta and we aim to release it in the next couple of weeks. It does adjust the volume but we need to be careful with this so we don’t have the hub set to blast at full volume at all times. We can’t guarantee that this will address all the issues but we really want your feedback when you get the update about how this impacts you and if there are areas you still want us looking at.

Cameras appear offline in the app but the live stream is online and accessible

We’ve done some work on this and put in some cloud fixes and we’re also working on firmware improvements. We need help from AWS and are working with them to review logs we’ve provided. Please note that Wi-Fi connections also impact this so it’s possible that some devices will still experience this due to network issues after we put improvements in.

That’s a wrap! If you are experiencing any of the issues we covered and have information for us, please reply with the info ASAP! We love working with you to fix the issues that are impacting your Wyze experience and it makes finding root causes so much easier.

Thanks a bunch and see you next week for your Fix-It Friday follow-up! :heart:

6 Likes

I will say there has been a VERY noticeable improvement on my cams that were experiencing this. I still have it happen sometimes (usually only notice when Alexa Show tells me it can’t show me my baby cam), but it usually gets fixed pretty quickly, it doesn’t happen as often and definitely not as long, and they seem to connect faster when I select them anyway. So I have been able to recognize there’s a definite improvement.

I’m so excited for this! I’d be fine if the volume never got any louder than it is, but it’s so awesome to have the option to have it a little louder. :smiley:

3 Likes

Persists. Frankly, since it’s remote, I’ve just accepted it as an unfortunate flaw. :woman_shrugging:

Mine V2 Gine OFFline startup still screen by itself.

No Events in Thumbnsil page
No Detection Notification

Only thing is getting the Pop up screen ti Subscribe ti CAMplus.

V2 is already in Camplus lite.

Can Wyze fix their server registration file?

yes, latest Android app or ios
latest 1002 V2 firmware