Wyze Cam v2, v3, Pan, and Pan v2 Firmware Released - 3/17/22

I wasn’t able to figure out how to send Wyze a video of an event recorded on my SD card that I did not receive an alert for, nor was there a 12 second cloud video found for it under the events tab.
If there is a link to instructions on how to do this, please send me it, as I was unable to find instructions on the Wyze website when doing a search.
Thanks

@dkp891, you are not alone! I have submitted dozens of logs to Wyze! The AI tagging these motion events is currently NOT effective. I am getting about 50% of AI events recorded tagged wrong. Only receiving about 25% of notifications for events. If the cams are tagging 50% incorrectly, it is only logical to assume they are also not tagging 50% of those that should be (incorrect recognition vs no recognition).

Also, if you did update the firmware from this latest update push, or you recently went to CPL, please check ALL your settings including the detection settings, event recording, notification settings, and Smart AI settings for each cam. The updates have been NOTORIOUS for resetting and/or reverting settings to some arbitrary default. Very annoying and frustrating.

So, it sounds like you are good accessing the SD Card playback and recording the “Missed Event” clip.

There are 4 possible causes for no event:

1. The cam was in a 5 minute cooldown phase and therefore would not activate an event. See if there is another event on that cam within the 5 minutes timestamp before the SD card footage.

2. The cam’s detection sensitivity was too low and did not activate the event video to the cloud for AI Interrogation, check your settings.

3. The motion to activate the event was outside of a preset detection zone grid, check your settings.

4. The motion did activate and get sent to AI Interrogation, but was deemed Non-AI because the AI isn’t toggled on or because the AI did not recognize it. But, in this case there still should be a generic “Motion” event video. Check to make sure the MOTION filter is on in the events tab.

So, to get the log submitted with the clip:

In the Wyze App, go to ACCOUNT>WYZE SUPPORT>SUBMIT LOG

Select the camera that missed the event

Select CAMERA PERFORMANCE

At the top, select the cam (if you have more than 1 of the type of cam you previously selected, all of that type should be in the list)

Type in your description of the problem you are having

In the lower left of the description pane, press the + sign. Then select ALBUM. This will take you to a view of the photos and videos on the phone. At the top, drop down ALL PHOTOS and just select ALL VIDEOS. Then select the video with the dot button in the upper right of that video and press the checkmark. It should then take you back to the log with the video attached.

Make sure the submit log files is checked and press submit.

This will then take you to a screen with the confirmation and the log number. You will also get an email. Write the log number down.

You will need to do this for each cam experiencing issues. But, the log is no good unless you contact Wyze to look at it.

Then, contact customer support thru the chat or phone or email with the same problem description you had. Include: Log #, OS Version, App Version, Cam Type, Firmware Version.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

(206) 339-9646

or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site .

email: support@wyze.com

Open for support between 4 am - 6 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am - 4 pm PT Saturday.

OR… if you find a Wyze Team member in the Forums who has posted about the Cam FW Upgrade or AI Upgrade, you can reply to them with the log number and description of the problem:

I have a PanCam v1, but it is only on inside when I am not home, so no events unless someone breaks in. I have 10 CamV3 and a VDBv1 but they are as I described above.

Hope this helps. Keep coming back with progress reports.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed instructions SlabSlayer,
I’ll give it a try, and see what happens. If I am able to resolve anything, Ill report the progress back here.

Yesterday I put up a new wyze camera and updated it as right out the box it needed an update. Earlier in the week I put up the other new Version3 camera and have it pointing outside. When I checked it It said it was off line. So I tried to get it online and tried to power cycle it. When that did not happen I tried to reset it numerous time and it would not. It is currently plugged up and the light is red. It will not go back to be reset. Thinking I needed to delete it from my wyze app I did, so there is no way to access it now. I am at a loss as to what to do and I am disappointed that the new cameras are having an issue. What are my next steps? Thank you.

Next step, after fully deleting it from the app, is to unplug it, plug it back in, press and hold the reset button and see if it will try to reinstall. If I remember right, it is supposed to say “ready to connect”. Then add it to the app and scan the QR code. You will have to reassign it to CP or CPL if you have those. If that doesn’t work, you might want to contact support listed above.

1 Like

Ok, testing a move from v2 firmware 4.9.7.1068 to 4.9.8.1002 (latest) on a single cam.

From within latest Wyze Android app 2.29.1.116 installed fine, don’t see any downside so far. (also fine on 2.22.21 , the android 6 last gasp)

/edit

Updated 5 more (one at a time) with no issues and they are performing well within the app. :+1:

/edit

One cam in a group displayed This device is offline instead of the live thumbnail.

The performance of the cams in Live View is robust, both in Groups and individually. Navigation within a group and between cams is crisp. :+1:

/edit

This again, same cam:

One cam in a group displayed This device is offline instead of the live thumbnail.

Remote, so haven’t attempted the power cycle fix, I imagine it will work… :crossed_fingers:

/edit

Fixed it again…

/edit

Broken again - this time directly after an app crash, upon reentering app and cam group.

‘Restart failed’ returned when attempting ‘Restart Camera’ within app settings.

1 Like

Does Not Work if I update v2 firmware through latest app nor do a manual flash of latest firmware 1002.

V2 just crap after update.

I ended up went back to 2.9.5.111
and 7 tries to re add v2 to account.

Wyze guys should fix the v2 firmware.

What is 2.9.5.111?

18 months old firmware.

Ah, 4.9.5.111. :slight_smile:

Yes, 4.9.5.111

Wyze needs to release a new firmware .

I think Wyze try to pack too much in the flash chip. in this 1002.

Your experience makes my nether port pucker a little, like I dodged the seemingly-random update bullet.

At any rate, sympathy, I know it sucks when you’re the one to take the hit.

Well, I tried all different firmware. none really work.
the 111 manage to connect once unpower it is just crap again.

1 Like

I suspect you have a bad V2. :frowning:

2 Likes

This device is offline.

Not Sure if My V2 is bad as it is very hard for user to diagnose.

it does work if going down to 4.9.5.111
nine of 4.9.8.xxxx are working.

In order for camera to work

1. connection to Wyze Server (so far yes and no) from v2
  2. User held hand connection to Wyze through app.

Problem probably started after force user firmware updates in Feb.
There was a structure design change in Wyze system to introduce Camplus Lite stuff.

let me know if you unpkug yours cam and repower it will restart camera.

Update:

After 4 days of countless hours of re-flashing V2.
It is back alive.

I have absolutely no idea what fixed it.
I just kerp trying QR code to re add camera.

most I got time-out, no local network
then bang success.

also,. unplug power won’t loose connections after restart V2 (like moving unit)

Wyze Server has been fixed???big unknown

another 48hrs.
boom. the noevents problem is back wothout touchiny any thing.

except keep getting notice subscribe CamPlus.

This is a comment that I wish the WYZE staff would see. It is more generalized rather than specific to one issue.

I have found that a general problem exists when attempting to follow instructions for many things that WYZE provides instructions for. I find the instructions to be woefully INADEQUATE. They generally are written for someone who is already totally conversant with the WYZE equipment or operation of a piece of equipment. I have found it necessary to go on You Tube and hope that someone else has made a video providing the kind of instructions that WYZE should be providing to initialize a new piece of equipment for example. Wyze should not assume that everyone is a computer genius.

@ArthurmB, full agreement with you there. When I first started there was a steep learning curve, and I used to be a Network Manager back in the day! It took me a while to learn the ins and outs, but this forum was my best resource.

Here are some suggestions:

If you want Wyze to read your post, you need to ‘tag’ someone so they get sent a notice: The @ with their handle behind it, like I did for yours above. You can find all the Wyze Team users by clicking the triple stack menu in the upper right, then select users, then change All Users to Wyze Team. The most active Wyze Team users will be on the top. Likewise, if you want an answer from someone with vetted and proven experience… Tag a Maven or two. They can also be found as a user group.

If you have a specific question, you can always post it in the forum and someone will hit you back. You can also direct message (private) any user who has their DM enabled. From their post, click on their Avatar Icon and click Message.

Wyze does have an extensive library of Knowledge Articles on the web with instructions, guides, Frequently Asked Questions, and general explanations for specific issues. You can get to these at https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us. Don’t start a chat that will pop up, but scroll down to select the product or service you are looking for.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

I actually had a “weak” one that I deployed at my parents’ house last November. Something about the Wi-Fi was just squirrely so I bought a new one (solid performance in same spot) and took the squirrely one home to my place where it is situated much closer to the Wi-Fi. Hasn’t had an issue since, but I’m thinking there is some quality inconsistency with the v2s or maybe a questionable production run.

Generally speaking, I find the cam pan v2 much more resilient recovering from offline errors. Sometimes they display the 90 error or other connectivity complaint and I can actually issue a restart to recover them. Predecessor v1s would often need power cycling and balk at input. Sadly the very first wyze product I deployed (cam pan v1 from February 2019) has had a rash of offline fits recently and replacement is imminent… :confused:

This may not be specific to this particular release of the firmware, but I wonder if anyone has noticed that the IR night vision of the V2 is SUBSTANTIALLY dimmer, weaker, whatever, than it was, say a year ago?

I have saved events from the same camera/same scene that are dramatically ‘brighter’ in illumination - two cams where detection used to trigger regularly when people or animals crossed the frame but no more.

I’m thinking along the lines of a change made to the code to process video received when night vision is on - less exposure applied, if that makes any sense - versus a change in the intensity of the IR emitters themselves.

I thought I saw @UserCustomerGwen respond to someone asking this question within the last month or so but I can’t find it now.

Also, is there a current v2 firmware beta release?

Thanks