Fix-It Friday 1/6/2023

A few minutes later the camera group loads fine , it’s hot and cold tbh . Sometimes it loads , sometimes it doesn’t…

Will keep track of this throughout the night

Reddit post with a bunch of other users experiencing this issue

1 Like

I’d like to add this to the Reddit post/issue:

2 Likes

App: v2.38.1 (161)
Sense Hub: 4.32.11.365

I do have Hone Monitoring subscription yes.

I get the notifications when there is motion within the app but the history just isn’t logging.

Google Pixel 6 Pro, Android 13 Dec 22 update

I saw this while perusing recent posts. Headphones issue.

2 Likes

Cam Plus Lite stopped allowing Person Detection in Alexa Routines which it previously allowed

Alexa does allow it for some, and was supposed to allow it, but something changed and it suddenly isn’t available for everyone anymore for some reason. People who already had them set are still able to use it, but new activations suddenly aren’t working. See some of the following threads for examples:

3 Likes

Erroneous Cam Plus popup when attempting to view Cam Plus events

This popup is primarily being reported by Cam v3 users who are subscribed to Cam Plus running the Android Wyze app.

Problem is sporadic, sometimes frequent and sometimes scarce. Event video can usually be viewed by retrying. It is not related to incomplete event transfer to cloud.

I’ve been able to reproduce this erroneous popup for all cam types subscribed to either Cam Plus or Cam Plus Lite. The issue appears to be timing related and limited to the current and previous Android Wyze app versions. I can reproduce this error for any event video by either degrading throughput (I can reallocate bandwidth to sub-DSL speeds), or simply select/tap on any event and immediately start spamming (rapidly tapping on) the event display area:

Cam Pan v2 (Cam Plus):

Cam v3 (Cam Plus):

WCO v1 (Cam Plus):

WCO v2 (Cam Plus):

v3 Pro (Cam Plus):

Cam v2 (Cam Plus Lite):

Please let us know if you need any specific debug data and what type (if logs, which Product Family and Issue Category should we select?).

Forum topic refs (there may be others):

6 Likes

Still receiving Code: 1 constantly for the passed several days. Tired of force closing app and disconnecting and doing set up over and over again. Everything was fine until the most current firmware download. Almost makes me want to trash the 5 V3’s and 1 outdoor along with the 5 subscriptions.

1 Like

It should be getting fixed very soon, don’t throw away anything!!

I have a bug I would like to see fixed.
There is an iOS Wyze widget that allows one to derectly open the Wyze app to a specified camera, however this only works if the Wyze app is already open in the background. If the app has been forced closed, or has been in the background for too long and is no longer in suspended state, the widget tries to open the specified camera for a split second and fails then it goes back to the Wyze app home screen instead.

Bug can be recreated 100% of the time. Force close the wyze app, and see that the widget does not work correctly. Put the app in the background, and see that the widget works. Others have recreated the bug here Fix Wyze Widget Bug in iOS - #3 by Loki

5 Likes

I too am having this issue. It’s not affecting the history of everything everything for HMS, but a lot / most. I’m seeing it on V2 & V1 Motion Sensors and V2 Door / Contact Sensors (I don’t have any V1 contact sensors anymore). Mostly seems to be since Jan 1, 2023. I’ve tried clearing the app cache & force closing the app with no difference.

I have an HMS Annual Subscription.

Versions:
iOS App: 2.38.4 (3) - The newest hot fix just released
HMS Hub: 4.32.11.365

Hello, hello! :smiley:

We have a new batch of Fix-It Friday issues for you all today! As a (dis)honorable mention, we fixed the Error Code -1 issue for grouped cameras viewed on iOS devices. If you’ve been experiencing that problem, please download the iOS 2.38.4.3 app version from App Store.

Here’s the list of new Fix-It Friday issues we’re tracking:

Core - Wyze Cam v3 Pro is not detecting people when subscribed to Cam Plus :walking_man:

This appears to be related to the rotate image 180° setting. We have applied a fix from the cloud side that seems to be working for the people we’ve spoken with. We’re working on a more robust firmware fix for this issue as well. If you’ve experienced this, could you please let us know if you had been using that setting and if you’re still running into this problem?

Reddit - Wyze Cam v3 Pro streaming and Playback issues when using 2K resolution :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We are working on improvements for this in the 2.39 app. We’re aiming for the beta to start next week.

Forum - Notifications not working on Wyze Video Doorbell when the button is pressed :thinking:

Our team is looking into this one! We’ll give you an update later.

Discord - Wyze Home Monitoring Keypad will not stay connected to Wyze Sense Hub :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We’re looking into this from our side and will provide updates later.

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Discord - Wyze Cam Outdoor image is not saving the rotate 180 degrees setting and it must be reapplied when entering the live stream :upside_down_face:

We have released firmware 4.X.4.418 to the public and we’ve heard confirmations that this problem is now resolved. We’ll remove this from our update list next week.

Reddit - Wyze Outdoor Cam gets stuck at 1/3 without reset of the base station :one:

The fix for this was included in our recent updates. Are you still experiencing this? If we don’t hear back from anyone still having this problem, we’ll remove this from the update list next week.

Forum - Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Is this still a problem for anyone? We’ve received feedback from multiple people that the current app version has resolved this for them. If we don’t hear back from anyone still experiencing this bug, we’ll remove it from the update list next week.

Reddit - No motion detection notifications on Wyze Cam v3 Pro when a custom detection zone is set :thinking:

It looks like some of the Wyze Cam v3 Pro rotate image 180° reports got mixed into here. It makes sense because they have some overlapping components. So we’re still looking for logs about this issue! Please help us if you’re experiencing this problem! Here’s how to do to give us logs:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply so we can get it to the right folks.

Core - Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable :face_with_monocle:

We still could use some more logs for this problem! If you’re experiencing this and have a microSD card and a computer that can read the card, please send us a log to look at. Here’s how:

When the device shows offline, please take out the microSD card and wait a second before re-inserting the card (or inserting a new microSD card). The camera will then make two “ding” sounds usually within 30 seconds. On your microSD card, there will be a root or log folder with the device log that you can access with a computer. The files are named as xxxxx_log.txt. If there are multiple logs, select the most recent log file.

When you have the log, please email it along with a description of the issue and the date, time, and time zone that it occurred to:

microsdcardlogs@wyze.com

Forum - Wyze Lock Bolt doesn’t auto-unlock when the “Disable during hours” schedule ends until someone manually locks the door again :lock: :nut_and_bolt:

We’ve had a delay in the beta firmware release for this but still plan to release it for testing in the future. We’ll keep you posted!

Forum - Wyze Cam v3 microSD card Playback is skipping the first minute of every hour (excluding midnight) :floppy_disk:

This is still planned for the next firmware update. We’ll let you know if that changes!

Forum - Wyze Cam v3 Pro is not live streaming in the app properly during the day but works properly at night even without night vision enabled :thinking:

We continue to be on track for 2.39!

Reddit - Event recordings are skipping/stuttering :face_with_monocle:

We’re still in progress developing this fix. It’s a high priority and we’ll make sure to update here as we progress.

And that’s all we have for you today! Thanks for tuning in. If you see any of these issues reported in the wild, please direct people to this post so they have access to the information. We’ll be back next week!

3 Likes

How about he issue with the new interface? Are you looking into fixing the group view? Not sure why the name of a group needs to be on top of the group. We all know the names of our groups. No need to have it there so the bottom row gets chopped off. See below:

The group viewing has been butchered in the 2.38.3 and beyond.

Here is the old group view:

and here is the new;

Also when selecting a single camera view from group, hitting the back button takes you to single portrait view instead back to group view, then you have to rotate the device, go back and select (again) the group view. Annoying and dis functional, to say the least.

4 Likes

Sigh, so nothing at all about ongoing broken Alexa integration.

Sadly it didn’t get enough votes. I didn’t think about submitting until later in the weekend :sob:
I mean, we can try again in 3 weeks. You should set a bookmark reminder for Friday the 3rd, especially since it is directly affecting you. I will be sure to vote for it! Remember to clarify that it works for some people and used to work for everyone, so there is some bug that stopped it from working right now for new V3’s. This way it won’t be mistaken for an invalid/unqualified “feature request” when it was something that used to be given for everyone and some people still have, so is obviously a bug. That’s the main distinction to get across. The sooner it is posted on Friday the more votes it usually gets (mostly because it gets more exposure with more people seeing it).

2 Likes

The Latest Version 2.38.1 (161) is Crap

Once again Whyze pushes out GARBAGE APP, Really tired of the unprofessionalism of this company!

Device Groups over 10 cams, Cams 11 - 16 do not load in group view.
Older App version does work just fine.

Whyze really needs to quit updating the App with new problems.

Always Regret updating with Wyze, This version SUCKS

Update, went to APK Pure to get older Wyze APK, v2.38.0 (153)
And as expected the older version works just fine, Wyze You Really Suck…

This is something we are looking into and something I have made known to the team that many are unhappy with.

1 Like

:+1:

I just made a post about this in the wishlist (the post is waiting for approval), if you dont mind voting for a fix. This is incredibly annoying,

I’ll say this again…why do we have to vote to have Wyze fix problems? Why is it only those with the most votes get fixed? A bug/problem should be resolved without needing to vote on it…they are problems.

1 Like