Fix for V3 water damage?

The SD port has stopped working on a V3 cam that was mounted upside down and apparently has damage from water intrusion through the SD port. The cam works but will not recognize a new and formatted SD card when replaced for the suspected damaged card that i later determined to be serviceable. I am really disappointed with the stated weather resistance rating if it does not apply to upside down mounted cams. I have 10 V3s purchased at different times so I have no way to determine warranty coverage. Is there a possible fix? I have repaired my I phone so I probably have the tools and skills to take the cam apart if necessary.

Not sure what you think the stated water resistance of a IP65 Enclosure is, but it is water resistant, not waterproof:

• IP65 Enclosure - IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against water projected from a nozzle.
  • IP66 Enclosure - IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water.
  • IP 67 Enclosures - IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against immersion. for 30 minutes at depths 150mm - 1000mm
  • IP 68 Enclosures - IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against complete, continuous submersion in water.

You may simply have to wait for the camera to dry out. :slight_smile:

Check Device Info > Activation Date.

1 Like

It wouldn’t hurt to lightly spray CRC electronic cleaner in the SD port, install and remove the SD card a few times, then lightly spray again.
Broke is broke. This doesn’t melt plastic.

https://a.co/d/2IpU54W

Click for link to CRC Electronic Cleaner on Amazon

2 Likes