Firmware 4.9.6.218 motion tagging very sensitive

Just upgraded ALL 11 cams (V2) to Firmware 4.9.6.218. Most are looking outdoors. The sensitivity of the motion tagging seems to have gone WAY up (ie it never goes off now) and I am seeing a surge in 12-second events to the cloud.

Any suggestions? Am I the only one?

1 Like

Yesterday the 9 cameras I have pointed outside worked fine. After the update all cameras constantly trip. Changing sensitivity, detection zone, nothing helps.

I’ve come to dread Wyze updates.

This needs an immediate fix.

Did any of your cams get bricked by the bulk upgrade? One of my brand new (1 week old) cams no longer works after the bulk upgrade. Check all your cams for Err Code 90

No bricks. But every one of my 9 outdoor-facing cameras trip every five minutes regardless of all settings.

Basically, until this is fixed, these cameras are useless.

Similar to OP. After the firmware update today, One of my cam v2s that’s pointed outdoors started triggering nonstop. With motion tagging on, you can see the green box jump around like crazy. Other v2s that point indoors don’t seem to have the same issue. Not sure what’s the difference.

I bulk upgraded multiple cameras today. All seemed to work except my one and only Pan cam. Solid yellow light and no workie now. Need to revert it back to the previous version. Haven’t started on that process yet. All other cams (4 of the non pan cams) seem fine. Haven’t noticed an inordinate amount of motion alerts on them, but it wouldn’t surprise me if yet another glitch went undetected by the pre-release testing team at Wyze.

So, to follow up, I got one brick now.

This is due to the updated algorithm. You may need to adjust settings.
Direct questions here:

2 Likes

This FW has been put on hold to check into the sensitivity issue

2 Likes

Remember when bulk updating firmware that involves downloading data to each device from the internet all at the same time.

I run mine individually so its not such a load on the network and very rarely have issues.

Granted my internet is not the best. But a lot of the issues are the result of the firmware not downloading properly or the file becoming corrupt.

1 Like

this release bricked one of my 5 cameras with error code 90. How to fix?

That worked for me. THE SECRET!!! is to hold the reset button while plugging in the power. No other reset worked for me (ie when power was already on).

NOTE: I am on an old Mac (macos: 10.13.6). Your mileage may vary.

4 Likes

Yes! @joedel263 & @charlesclloyd you got it! :slightly_smiling_face:

My App triggered loading the release this morning. Does this mean the PAUSE was removed?

1 Like

Don’t accept the update! It’s a disaster.

Too late

Looks like .218 is UnPaused :+1:, the link is green again for downloading.
Can only speak for myself, my V2 cam w/.218 is finally working like I think it should have all along.
Not getting any false triggers, only actual movement through the detection zones. :smile:

1 Like

It is working great. My V2 shoots through a window. It is finally detecting People as expected, 60% sensitivity. I am monitoring my WCO. It tends to generate false PD tags at night, or during the day if a truck has racks or ladders on it.

1 Like

I totally agree with elcheapocooks. It has been a frustrating experience for myself over the past 3 days since the 4.9.6.218 update. I have never had so many problems with a firmware update. WYZE, please fix or offer a link to revert back to a workable previous firmware please.

1 Like

Hi @Russ-R The link to past and present Firmware binary files is here:
(https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes)

Check the iOS Wyze App version while on that page.
On Firmware: Adjusted detect field and reduced sesitivity after F/W update.

1 Like

336 alerts in 8 hours. 10 were people.
Adjusting all sensitivity and detection zones changed nothing.

Wyze Cams - How to take a once-reliable camera (V2) and destroy its usefulness with an untested and disastrous firmware update.