Favorite Cookies

Well, I enjoy the levity here. It helps dissolve the frustration with a problem, And in that spirit, I like oatmeal cookies and cold milk.

3 Likes

Mine are peanut butter cookies made with Jif extra crunchy and oatmeal raisin

4 Likes

Hmmm, Hmmm Good. Oh wait, thatā€™s soup, huh?

1 Like

My favorite cookies are only available at Christmas. My wife makes them from a recipe my dear departed sister had. Peanut butter balls.
JIF smooth peanut butter and rice crispies rolled into a ball about the size of a ping pong ball and dipped in melted chocolate and cooking wax (so the chocolate wonā€™t fall off). When my younger son was visiting over the holidays last year, those cookies were one thing he put on a list of what foods he missed. I took a few and rearranged the container. :sunglasses:

Another favorite if we are allowed multiples is lebkuchens. Molasses/gingerbread cookie. Lady ā€˜from the old countryā€™ (Germany) across the street made them at Christmas when I was growing up. She only gave us 6 because they were so hard to make. My wife found Archway cookies that are identical.

Another is pfefferneuse

My cardiologist would prefer I donā€™t eat these. After my carotid surgery, he told me ā€œI did my part. Now you do yours and lose weightā€.

4 Likes

I love these too one of my favorites. :yum:

2 Likes

Chocolate chip. I make small batches. Thatā€™s about 325 cookies:

The green ones are chocolate mint and the reddish one are peanut butter and chocolate chips.

4 Likes

ā€œsmall batchesā€! :rofl:

3 Likes

As has been mentioned before, I run a music synchronized Christmas light show at my house. For opening night, I invite a bunch of people and I serve hot chocolate and fresh baked cookies. That photo was taken on opening day last fall after I finished baking. Had about 50 people over for the opening. Over half the cookies were eaten that nightā€¦

4 Likes

Good thing Iā€™m not your neighbor. Iā€™d eat half those cookies on opening night. :grin:

3 Likes

Come on over Seapup.

4 Likes

If I start walking now, Iā€™ll be there by Christmas! :+1:

3 Likes

Wow. Yummy! :eyes: I would like to have a neighbor like that. :grin:

2 Likes

I love all cookies, but my favorites are:

1. homemade chocolate chip

2. Pepperidge Farm Chesapeake

3. Girl Scouts Samoas
    LBB_samoa

3 Likes

O, yeah, those Girl Scout Samoas are so good chewy carmel and coconut. :hugs:

2 Likes

:face_vomiting:

4 Likes

@TomG Thatā€™s what my wife would think too. :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Same hereā€¦ and I donā€™t have to worry about them ā€œdisappearingā€. All mineā€¦ mine! mine! mine! :grin:

1 Like

:raccoon: :hearts: :hearts: :cookie: And so does the old fart who gives them out.

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you not he Samoas. And I didnā€™t get any this year! Damn!

1 Like

You can get them from Amazon, but thereā€™s some horrible price gouging going on there. Iā€™ll just wait until the next Girl Scout drive and get them for $5/box with the proceeds going to the girls.

1 Like