Failing Mechanical IR Filter or a Bug?

It did, thanks. Is that the speaker in the back near the plug?

Iā€™m 99% sure it isā€¦ :thinking:

If I do tear it apart Iā€™ll put it on my test bench and video the whole thingā€¦

2 Likes

That would be cool!

few more people here,
i would suspect firmware

I too have had issues like this with this FW. What I did was downgrade the FW (any version) and then reinstall the OTA FW. It fixed my problems, YMMV.

Okay, been away for the holidays, back now, There is strangeness going on. This is a clip of the camera going into night mode at dusk - notice how the IR filter DOES cut out/in properly. However, this camera still refuses to reset the filter at dawn, and nothing has helped. Next step is to open it up and video it working as promised, which Iā€™ll try to do this week.

<Crap, the video is 4.8M and the upload limit is 4M so I canā€™t post it until I have time to edit it downā€¦ Grrrrā€¦>

<EDIT: Here is a snip of the longer clip, note that the motion detection has nothing to do with the operation, itā€™s just coincidental during this one snip>

1 Like

Just a follow up as I hate dead end threads. Before I could get to the cameras that were exhibiting the night mode failure they started working again on their own - no firmware update, nada. Not much of a resolution, but Iā€™d be curious to see if anyone else who had this problem experienced similar results.

I have a Wyze Cam V2 and has the version 4.9.3.64. It was bought in Oct 2018 and worked great till just before Christmas. Now, even after deleting and reloading (adding) it back, I still get a purple haze picture.

It would work for about 15 minutes then revert back to the purple haze. Any thought on how to correct?

Thanks,

Option 1) put in a trouble ticket and have support work with you, or

Option 2)

Back in December there was a firmware update, do you remember if A) you updated your camera, and B) is that when your problem started?

If you think that might be your problem, then you might try:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009490871-Camera-firmware-flashing-instructions

and try the October firmware version or re-flashing the December version.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010068231

2 Likes

Iā€™ll go with the trouble ticket, how do I get started?

The Retired Bear

In your phone app, under MyAccount=>Help & Feedback=>Report an Issue.

1 Like