Excited about New Wyze Smart Watch -FCC filing 11/19/2020

FCC ID 2AUIU-WWTCH1 11/19/2020

I am kind of glad I haven’t bought a Wyze Band yet (was waiting for API access), now I’ll just wait for this! I am guessing it will be marketed to help control the new security system and everything. There could be some great stuff from this! I’m excited. I am confident I’ll buy one and if I like it, I’ll get one for my wife and kids. :slight_smile:

I tried to go view the user manual, but as you can see, it says that is short-term confidential until 5/15/2021, so I expect that sometime in spring 2021 it will be available for pre-order, and we should be able to have it by May or June 2021.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

No this is Amazfit Bip smartwatch. Web search it.

Please explain. Because I looked up the FCC filing myself, Everything I just screenshotted was from Wyze Lab’s filing.

Do you mean it looks just like Amazfit Bip smartwatch? That it has the same materials? Because we already know that Wyze outsources all the parts for their cameras. Sometimes they make a few alterations in hardware first, but ultimately they use other 3rd parties to develop most of the parts and so their products are often similar or exactly like some others, then they write their own firmware into it with more features. I’m assuming they did the same thing here. Took something easy to mass manufacture, write their own extra code to personalize it to Wyze with extra benefits/features, then sell it cheaper.

If you mean something different, please explain, because a light search on the issue didn’t turn up anything else.

1 Like

Are you right. It’s Wyze and Amazfit Bip lookalike

Oh, yeah, that doesn’t surprise me at all. They do that for everything: take hardware that is already done and able to be mass produced, then make their own changes. Helps them keep the prices down cheaper. Much more expensive to order custom designs on every piece of firmware. If it keeps the prices down, I am all for it.

ooo nice, I use the band but it would be nice to view cam events etc from a Wyze watch

2 Likes

This looks cool! I own the band now but I would switch to this one if I am able to view my cameras on it.

1 Like

Do you think they’ll be able show a cam on there? It would be pretty small…maybe a thumbnail notification or something. Or maybe if they let us zoom in?

2 Likes

Hopefully it will

1 Like

A thumbnail of the notification would be awesome.

1 Like