Wyze Watch And Wyze Band Abandoned?

Hello,

I am just wondering if I am correct about the Wyze Watch and Wyze Band being abandoned and will not get any more updates, features that were said to be added that never were, bug fixes, or new versions?

So I and others can know so that we can be looking else where for replacements from another company.

My Wyze Watch is barely working, parts of the screen do not respond to touch, bugs / issues that were never fixed, the thing that holds the strap in place broke, et cetera.

If anyone has any recommended Budget smartwatches and smartbands by American companies, please do share the companies and / or products.

Thank you,
— John Jr

2 Likes

I very much prefer Android Wear models, but they are all costly. For solid features and performance I might suggest the AmazFit / Zepp products. They are a better deal than the more no-name imports, and pretty nifty really.

I still wish they used Android Wear though.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that Customer, Amazfit was at the top of my list, if I could not find an American company in the budget category; I am still hoping to find an American company if possible.

Sadly, I have never gotten to see or use an Android Wear device in real life, so far; you would think that would be a very popular operating system for watches / bands, like Android is for phones, since companies would not have to make their own operating system.

It is a shame that Wyze did not use it yet, and that it seems that they have given up in this category.

1 Like

If you are going to abandon the watch-47, then at least let the community have programing information.
There are a few enhancements that could be easily added via by software. Many of your users are capable of doing this.

2 Likes

It would be nice if Wyze open sourced it or something, and / or if Wyze would support an existing open source smartwatch / smartband maker & team up with them to provide future Wyze Watches / Wyze Bands.

2 Likes

I still use my watch with its deficiencies. The raise to wake works half the time, the touch screen is erratic when trying to get back to the time screen. The button on the side is useless unless you press it with a megaton of force. And, it never syncs unless I manually connect it in the morning. Other than that, it does OK. The one feature I had wished they would have added was a tap or double-tap to wake the watch. That could have been a huge win where the rise to wake works sometimes. I have stopped buying their products because they abandon products that are still buggy needing help. They are more interested in bringing out new products (vacuums?) and then moving on to the next shiny product no matter the state of what was just released, for instance our watches. As for a replacement watch, I’m watching Google right now after seeing the latest release and their investment in Fitbit. Amazon’s line also looks interesting. Tough decisions!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that Murph_ME, I agree, except I have decided to, once again, give Wyze another chance or two or three; beyond the several other chances I have given them on the various other products that I bought from them that were abandoned & left buggy et cetera.

My Wyze Watch 47 mm was barely working & the strap broke, fortunately my dad was not using his Wyze Watch 47 mm C that I bought him; so I am currently using that as I wait to see if Wyze will release another watch while I continue hoping for an alternative that fits the budget price & features.

If the PineTime SmartWatch had all the features of the Wyze Watch, I possibly would get that since it is open source & community supported, Wyze should open theirs up; so that the open source community can support their devices if they are not.

You mentioned Amazon’s line, do they have their own smartwatch now?

1 Like

Hi! Spell correction got me - it was actually Amazfit I am looking at. Reviews are high and the styles look great.

2 Likes

Agreed. You get a lot for your money with Amazfit, and I’ve found them a LOT more reliable than the TicWatch/Mobvoi series.

1 Like

Oh, thank you for clarifying that.

I also vote for the Watch 47 to be OpenSourced… Has there been any feedback? I don’t seem to find any?

tks,
Cliff

2 Likes

Not that I know of, they do not seem to read or respond much here at the forums, someone would need to contact Wyze directly by submitting a ticket or something I assume.

1 Like