Events not recording, nothing recording

Just bought my second V2 and set it up exactly the same as my first. Events are not recording and continuous recording is not working. I’m using the same type of SD card as I used in first cam. I rejected it and also formatted it successfully. The capacity shows up in settings so the cam sees it. It’s set to record motion and continuous recording but I’m getting nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks

1 Like

what size of sd? 32 or above?

1 Like

what do it say in the app 32g? or 10mb?

1 Like

Under device info it says 29.71G available.

1 Like

is firmware updated?

1 Like

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029809312-Motion-Tagging

1 Like

I used the same cards and had good results mostly with them. I switched to High Endurance cards but when I did have problems with the standards I found that pulling the card and doing a deep format-not the quick option- in my laptop using This Industry Standard Program resolved a lot of problems.

2 Likes

is the view playback showing anything. Try take a photo and record to see if the sd is there

If it’s feasible try swapping the cards between your two cams. If the known good card doesn’t work then it points toward a cam problem.
You can try Power Cycling it out jump directly to Wyze Support and open a ticket.

2 Likes

You posted as I was typing. That means you think faster than I type!:+1:
Good logic - go ahead and open a ticket - they have been pretty good on replacing.

2 Likes

Thank you :+1:

for the hell of it. Would try the rtsp firmware update before sending it back.

Kroq I might play around with that tomorrow morning. Everything I’ve done indicates the v2 will read the card but won’t write to it. Just frustrating that Wyze support could not understand that.

One last comment, hopefully. I flashed the firmware to the previous version 4.9.5.36 and events and continuous recording is now working. Yay!!!

1 Like

MIne dad has a camera that the sd stop recording. Here the problem camera is 2 hours and it cold. I trying to see if can flash the firmware from here.

I’m sorry about the difficult experience you had with our customer support team. Could you please tell me your customer support ticket number so I can look into this?

2 Likes

My apologies for the delay. I have since deleted that support complaint post. Devorrah was very nice, polite and professional. I was frustrated with a new v2 that would not record to the SD and we were going down the wrong path with trouble shooting. You can blame this one on me :-). I really do like your products, app, and services and hope to be a long time customer.

Thank you!

Ken

2 Likes

No worries, Ken. Thank you for taking the time to update us and for your kindness to Devorrah. We appreciate your support! :slight_smile: