Event Reports not working

Same here. 8 out of 9 cameras have cam plus. The 9th has cam plus lite. I get a prompt to upgrade to cam plus every time I launch the app. And every time I try to use event reporting. This has been happening ever since event reporting was released. It is extremely frustrating and annoying.

Log: 833085

Welcome to the wonderful world of Wyze. They will release several new products before this even begins to be addressed. Luckily the cameras function to the point I need without some of their non working gimmicks.

It would be a lot less frustrating if it wasnā€™t a notification every time I open the app to try it out or that it was coming. sucks that its broken but annoying to be redirected to the brokeness everytime.

2 Likes

You should be able to disable this in account > notifications > app discovery > event reports

I have all of my cameras in groups. I found that if I remove one (or more) camera from any group I can get event reports to work. As soon as I add the camera back, event reports fails again (by showing the info screens again and asking me to subscribe to cam plus.)

I canā€™t speak to the value because I canā€™t use the feature in its current state.

6 Likes

Interesting! I just removed one camera from my group and the event reports all showed up! Thanks for the tip.

Wow, same here!

1 Like

Glad it is useful, but Iā€™m not sure I call this a solution. Itā€™s a workaround at best. I do hope itā€™s something useful for the devs on where to look for a fix in the code too.

2 Likes

A little more info, the ā€œungroupedā€ camera must be one that has a CamPlus subscription. I tried to use a cam that was not covered and it did not workaround the issue.

Again, I hope this is useful to the devs so they can isolate and resolve the issue.

Thanks @mde this worked for me. After all this time seeing that message, I now finally have access to the Event View feature. It works on my cameras. It would probably be more useful if you could have a rule that notified you if a camera went over a certain number of ā€œeventsā€.

Hi, I have the same issue, my cameras are in a group, all Cam Plus and latest version of the Android app.
I see that Event Report shows up if I ungroup one of the cam, which is not what I want to do.

Log #856634
Log #856640
My Event Report is not working for either of my cameras. I have submitted logs for both cameras.

I have the same issue. 5 cameras, 3 on cam+ and 2 on cam+ lite. No combination of filters, reboots, etc gives me anything other than an add to upgrade to cam+, which I already have (for 3/5 cameras).

edit: I reread @mde 's workaround, and that does indeed work. Removing 1 cam+ device from a group got all 3 cam+ devices to show up (even the 2 still left in a group). Iā€™ll be putting them back in the group though, because the grouping is useful and Iā€™m not sure the reporting is.

1 Like

Wow, @mde workaround definitely works. And after the months of annoyingly having to clear out the feature notification from my home screen, the new feature isnā€™t even that useful to me.

Wyze, please fix your issues so I can use my camera group, and not have to clear out an annoying feature alert from the home screen multiple times a day, every day >.<