I think this bug was introduced at around the time the new video libraries were implemented.
My setup: Multiple Android devices (Android v7 and v8) running Wyze app v2.10.74 and with Wyze Cam v2 firmware v126.96.36.199. Camera has an SD card that records motion events (not continuous recording).
Steps to reproduce this bug:
- Go to the live stream view for the camera.
- Touch the “view playback” button.
- Press the left arrow to move back to the most recent event. The event will start playing and that can be confirmed by the changing timestamp. Note that the play/pause button has toggled to “pause” meaning it’s ready to let you pause the playback.
- Zoom in on the timescale using “pinch and zoom”. The video will pause and you can confirm this by the static timestamp. (Old versions of the app did not pause when you did this.) The play/pause button remains at “pause” when it should have toggled to “play” because the video is actually paused and your only option is to play.
- Touch the “pause” button and the video will start playing again.
- Touch the “pause” button and it will toggle to “play” and the video will stop playing, as expected.
- Touch the “play” button and it will toggle to “pause” and the video will start playing, as expected.
Can anyone else reproduce this bug?