Event filter/search by date, time and range

I am desperate to have this function. Looking for something that happened at midnight after the day has gone by is almost impossible. We have a ton of cameras with events triggering all the time during the day. Really need this, should be really simple to implement.

8 Likes

+1 vote here.

At a minimum, how about a 24 hr time slider bar on the side of the events tab so we can slide to the time we want to see? You know, like the time slider bar the SD playback has at the bottom.

9 Likes

Filter Events by Time

Currently the user interface in the Wyze App requires users to scroll through each event in assending time/order from the most recent event hour to see previous events. Because there are so many events under each hour, it takes a lot of time to load/collapse unseeded events.

I suggest adding a filter on the hours (like the multiple camera filter) so we can quickly get where we need to be.

I believe this would be a quick fix that all users would appreciate. In addition to saving users the headache of scrolling through unneeded times, it would also save some mobile data usage!

5 Likes

Wow. I thought this got 30 votes and all these comments after I posted it. Just realized the mods merged my comments… and this was posted since 2020?! Not looking good… I don’t see how this isn’t driving everyone else up the wall too!

5 Likes

It is driving at least some people nuts. :frowning: This feature is critical to my primary use of the cameras. I hate to consider another vendor but at this point these are feeling more like toys than tools. Hello? Any developers out there wanting to build an open-source interface that is more user friendly?

4 Likes

Jump fast to a particular hour in events

Will be great if there is an option to jump fast to a particular hour in the event page instead of scrolling down for long time just to reach an event.

I know you can do that in playback mode but in events motion is already detected and even you can go older days that Is not anymore in SD memory.

8 Likes

Time Filter in Events View

It takes a long time to scroll to the right time in Events view. I have a lot of cameras so it takes ~10 minutes to scroll to times later in the day.

Request an enhancement to filter on time of day in Events view so I can select only events in, say 4-5pm range. According to Wyze support, there’s no feature like this today.

7 Likes

Search Events by time

I would like the ability to search events by time instead of having to scroll all the way through all of the events just to reach a certain time period. Id like an option to select view events between lets say 1 pm to 4 pm or 1:30 to 2:00 pm. Right now its a big pain in the butt to scroll through every single event just to reach a specific time.

[Mod Edit] Title edit for clarity. Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

5 Likes

Add time of day to Camera Event filter

Currently, the view event shows just a few events ( in reverse time order.) That means it won’t list anything earlier in the day if many events happened in the last few hours. The app allows user to specify date and other options. Adding time of day in the filter will resolve this limitation.

4 Likes

Focused filters

Recently I was gifted with a present left by a neighbor’s dog (:poop:). I had to scroll through over 24 hours of clips to find the ones I needed. And if you decide to view a clip you end up starting over again at midnight (:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:). Took three times to get to the timeframe I was looking for only to not find it. Somehow 2 cameras both facing out the window, looking at the same area didn’t record the guy walking his dog, the dog stopping to smell the fake flowers, peeing on the flowers and then taking a dump on the artificial turf. Yet my non-Wyze camera did. It did record events before and after but not that.

But I digress.

We can filter by camera, by motion/person/pets/package but not by time. WHY?

We need to be able to filter by time. It saves clips by time so why can’t we search by time. I’m looking for an event that happens between 08:25 and 08:50. The app should be able to find all clips that happened for that 30 minute period.

Why wasn’t that ever even a thought to add?

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

2 Likes

Ive been asking for this for months now. It doesnt make any sense that we cannot filter by time frame. I totally agree with you

4 Likes

Yeah agreed, so much time is wasted from just scrolling through event recordings of the day, just to get to the videos of the timestamp you’re looking for. It can take 2 minutes just to scroll to the very bottom of the recordings.

I think being able to jump to the timestamp of the recording you’re looking for is critical to the Wyze app function and making it easier to use so that users don’t get frustrated with the interface.

It’s hard to believe the feature’s been asked for 3 years now.

3 Likes

Search by exact time for all cameras.

Hi,

I have about tens cameras. I want to search in App with pinpoint (exact) time. The app needs to show only on those time. For example, I want to see the event at 10AM. It should list CAM1 at 10 AM, CAM2 at 10 AM.

Thanks,

2 Likes

Good luck. This request has been mentioned for years. I dont think they care about what we need as long as they get our money…

1 Like

I don’t see why this can’t be implemented. We already have query parameters for day, camera, and Type of event. Need time range as well. This is a common thing to query for.

1 Like

If anyone from the Wyze product team is reading this thread?
If so, can we please just get an answer to whether we are wasting our time asking for this feature?
A simple “yes, it’s on the table and we plan to implement it around [insert release date here]” or “No, we are not going to provide this functionality for the foreseeable future or ever because [reasons].”
That way we can all just either deal with the limitation or move on.

The silence is deafening.

1 Like

They answered with a “maybe later” status which basically means “yes it’s ‘on the table’ (ie: a possibility and being considered for the future) but you probably shouldn’t count on it for the next 6-12 months because we don’t really have anyone actively working on it at this exact moment, but we might add it at some point in the future… Though not for sure.”

The status of “Probably not” is the other answer of “No, we are not going to provide this functionality for the foreseeable future or ever.”

If they were actively working on it they would add a status of “researching” or “in development” or “testing”.

Since they assigned it with a label of maybe later, they are saying it is on the table, but other things that are more pressing are taking a priority for now.

People voting for it and commenting in here, especially with well reasoned rationales for how it will be helpful does help to make it more likely as the managers and engineers are reviewing the wishlists, so even your comment above is helpful. :+1:

3 Likes

Frankly, after months of no response from the Wyze I am moving on and spend my money on other vendor’s cameras.IMHO, Wyze is spending too much resources in developing other products and services (often not fully baked). There are other competitors out there with better offerings.

1 Like

Why is nobody actively working on it ? Its been requested for the past 2 years. Im with the other guy if you arent going to listen to your consumers needs then why keep spending money with you guys ? You dont have any issue adding new programs and software updates for new un-needed cameras butbwe cant get a simple time search ability on the app ? Are you guys serious right now ?

1 Like

I posted a request - 2 years ago? It’s no brainer feature.
I agree with the rest who say it’s time to move on to another vendor.
The camera /app is great, tech support terrible. Dumping US based TS people was a key indicator they don’t care once they’ve bagged the sale.
I recommended this camera to many, No longer- in part due to the tech support ,and the non-response to this feature. I need it for criminal matters, I tried to ask how much it would cost if I was tp pay for the feature. No response ! (How to get past the Philippines firewall?) Maybe I should create a google listserve for us all to vent and generate some media publicity? (but then they would probably delete my message) They’ve added too many products without the necessary support for users. Bad business decision.

3 Likes