Email from "Alex from Wyze"

Re: 2nd notice: Another unsuccessful payment for your Wyze Labs account
On Jul 18, 2022, at 12:33 PM, Alex from Wyze support@wyze.com wrote:

Hey there,

Just retried to process the $1 subscription payment, but unfortunately it didn’t go through. To keep your account active please update your information here.

Let us know if you have any questions,

Is this for real or is this a SCAm?

1 Like

I don’t think Wyze has any $1 subscriptions. Cam Plus is usually $1.99/month. It’s possible it’s talking about Cam Plus Lite if you chose to pay $1 month for that.

I would not click on any links in that email until we get clarification or more information from Wyze.

I saw another post about this “Alex from Wyze” emailing people.

Let me send this up and see if someone can look into it.

5 Likes

There are other posts (linked below) discussing emails from Alex.

I would suggest forwarding the email to security@wyze.com and asking them to authenticate the origin.

The link address provided in the markup is:

[https://click.pstmrk.it/2sm/services.wyze.com%2Fdetail%2Fcamplus%3F__pw_iic%3D88f0be8c-4819-4665-9066-a67adb9d3a45%26at%3D2/VIn-uS8N/e08F/cl4HLJx4Lg/ZHVubmluZy1jb2xsZWN0aW9uLWF0dGVtcHQ] which appears as

3 Likes

Interesting. As far as I can tell, even though it’s using an Italian mailer domain, it really does redirect to the Wyze site, so I’m voting “real” and also “stupid junk mail company picked a poorly chosen cutesy domain name”.

Also, the URL must embed the OP’s account because when I click it I get the below. Fortunately it does not log me in as him or her.

(It’s not me - I’m not logged in to anything on that test browser.)

2 Likes

Good for you boys for dogging this issue. And I say boys only because I wish there were at least one active girl dog on the team.

What happened to ‘knitter of socks’? Did she move on to greener yarn balls?

Few of us have actually specified our sex. And even then we might be lying.

2 Likes

Ok, ‘explicit’ girl, then. An earnest and helpful thing.

Also, my guess, odds are 3-1 that one is interacting with a boy thing here. But I have no data to back it up.

Dog-on! :slight_smile:

There are a lot of women online who have learned through long and hard experience that it’s better to remain silent and neutral. I have met several IRL.

2 Likes

Hey @worldwalker thanks for that.

That’s sad. I mean I’m sad for them. ‘Online’ is a BIG BAD river as reputed I s’pose. I’m an eddy dweller pretty exclusively. Good for me to keep that in mind. :slight_smile:

Jason checked into it. He replied in the other thread:

So at least we have confirmation that they are real and from Wyze.

2 Likes